Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Computer monitor flickering, Philips 107X43: FCC ID: A3KM112

Computer monitor flickering, Philips 107X43: FCC ID: A3KM112

Thaqalain

After room windows installation,probably dust entered while cleaning
dust from top of monitor.First picture became concave inside,which
sometimes restored by pushing light hand pressure on top.
Later it stopped showing rectangular screen,so I opened body,but it is
worst now,only white screen.
Can anyone help to know what is to be done to fix it ourself.

Plato

Thaqalain wrote:

> After room windows installation,probably dust entered while cleaning
> dust from top of monitor.First picture became concave inside,which
> sometimes restored by pushing light hand pressure on top.
> Later it stopped showing rectangular screen,so I opened body,but it is
> worst now,only white screen.
> Can anyone help to know what is to be done to fix it ourself.

Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
replace the unit.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Thaqalain

I have tried to plug in two separate monitor power cords,but same
result.

Kenny

Don't attempt to fix it yourself, take it to a good TV engineer.

--

Kenny Cargill

"Thaqalain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have tried to plug in two separate monitor power cords,but same
> result.

Blinky the Shark

Plato wrote:

> Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
> replace the unit.

I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new on
on me.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Oldus Fartus

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Plato wrote:
>

>>Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
>>replace the unit.

> I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new on
> on me.

Well worth doing at least every six months Blinky. It stops the smoke
from becoming stagnant, keeping the appliance running smoothly.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Blinky the Shark

Oldus Fartus wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Plato wrote:

>>>Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
>>>replace the unit.

>> I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new
>> on on me.

> Well worth doing at least every six months Blinky. It stops the
> smoke from becoming stagnant, keeping the appliance running smoothly.

I shall perform that bit of maintenance tomorrow!

Perhaps a good *preventive* maintenance approach would be the insertion
a stent[1] running the length of the cord, to provide a dynamic smoke
flow environment

[1]In medicine, a stent is an expandable wire mesh tube that is inserted
into a hollow structure of the body to keep it open. - Wikipedia

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Oldus Fartus wrote:
>
>>Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>>I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new
>>>on on me.

>>Well worth doing at least every six months Blinky. It stops the
>>smoke from becoming stagnant, keeping the appliance running smoothly.

> I shall perform that bit of maintenance tomorrow!
>
> Perhaps a good *preventive* maintenance approach would be the insertion
> a stent[1] running the length of the cord, to provide a dynamic smoke
> flow environment
>
> [1]In medicine, a stent is an expandable wire mesh tube that is inserted
> into a hollow structure of the body to keep it open. - Wikipedia

Good thinking. You could even put a vent in the stent for when you
needed to insert the compressed air.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Blinky the Shark

Oldus Fartus wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Oldus Fartus wrote:

>>>Well worth doing at least every six months Blinky. It stops the
>>>smoke from becoming stagnant, keeping the appliance running smoothly.

>> I shall perform that bit of maintenance tomorrow!

>> Perhaps a good *preventive* maintenance approach would be the insertion
>> a stent[1] running the length of the cord, to provide a dynamic smoke
>> flow environment

>> [1]In medicine, a stent is an expandable wire mesh tube that is inserted
>> into a hollow structure of the body to keep it open. - Wikipedia

> Good thinking. You could even put a vent in the stent for when you
> needed to insert the compressed air.

The vent in stent fails mainly in the dent.

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Oldus Fartus wrote:
>
>>Blinky the Shark wrote:

>>>I shall perform that bit of maintenance tomorrow!

>>>Perhaps a good *preventive* maintenance approach would be the insertion
>>>a stent[1] running the length of the cord, to provide a dynamic smoke
>>>flow environment

>>>[1]In medicine, a stent is an expandable wire mesh tube that is inserted
>>>into a hollow structure of the body to keep it open. - Wikipedia

>>Good thinking. You could even put a vent in the stent for when you
>>needed to insert the compressed air.

> The vent in stent fails mainly in the dent.

Aah. OK, that makes perfect cents.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus