Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Symantec Settings Manager

Symantec Settings Manager

Michael Bradley

Im running Win XP Home. I keep getting a box saying its found new
hardware...Symantec settings Manager (I thought this would have been classed
as software!). I want to get rid of this permanently. I have done a search
for all Symantec files and Norton, but none are showing up.
What is the best way around this please?

Cheekycharlie

Toolman Tim

"Michael Bradley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d72nb8$ljk$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Im running Win XP Home. I keep getting a box saying its found new
> hardware...Symantec settings Manager (I thought this would have been
> classed as software!). I want to get rid of this permanently. I have done
> a search for all Symantec files and Norton, but none are showing up.
> What is the best way around this please?
>
> Cheekycharlie

uninstall Symantec's bloatware and get something else...

Plato

Michael Bradley wrote:

> Im running Win XP Home. I keep getting a box saying its found new
> hardware...Symantec settings Manager (I thought this would have been classed
> as software!). I want to get rid of this permanently. I have done a search
> for all Symantec files and Norton, but none are showing up.
> What is the best way around this please?

Remove the symantec ware.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/