Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PLUS sign next to the cursor

PLUS sign next to the cursor

kenny

When I press the ctrl key when I am dragging and dropping I should see a
PLUS sign next to the cursor.

For some reason I dont see this anymore...
I see only the plain arrow.
Does anyone know how to restore this???

Thanks

Blinky the Shark

kenny wrote:

> When I press the ctrl key when I am dragging and dropping I should see a
> PLUS sign next to the cursor.

> For some reason I dont see this anymore...
> I see only the plain arrow.

So what you're saying is that you're nonplussed.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

WormWood

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> kenny wrote:
>
>> When I press the ctrl key when I am dragging and dropping I should
>> see a
>> PLUS sign next to the cursor.

>> For some reason I dont see this anymore...
>> I see only the plain arrow.

> So what you're saying is that you're nonplussed.

)

kenny

Sorry I do not understand what "nonplussed"
means.

Do you have any idea of some registry edit that can fix this?

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> kenny wrote:
>
>> When I press the ctrl key when I am dragging and dropping I should see a
>> PLUS sign next to the cursor.

>> For some reason I dont see this anymore...
>> I see only the plain arrow.

> So what you're saying is that you're nonplussed.
>
> --
> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
> Killing all Usenet posts from Google Groups
> Info: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

Scraggy

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/nonplussed?view=uk
--
HTH

Blinky the Shark

Scraggy wrote:
> kenny wrote:
>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> So what you're saying is that you're nonplussed.

>> Sorry I do not understand what "nonplussed"
>> means.

>> Do you have any idea of some registry edit that can fix this?

> http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/nonplussed?view=uk

Yeah, but the humor's in the pun, not in the definition. Def won't
help. Thanks for tryin', though.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

dadiOH

kenny wrote:
> When I press the ctrl key when I am dragging and dropping I should
> see a PLUS sign next to the cursor.
>
> For some reason I dont see this anymore...
> I see only the plain arrow.
> Does anyone know how to restore this???

So what happens if you press control and drag something? Does it make a
copy of the thing dragged like it should or just move it?

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

kenny

the function are done correctly, only the small signs are missing..

the same is with (ctrl shift it should have an arrow meaning that it will
create a shortcut)

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On "kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>the function are done correctly, only the small signs are missing..
|>
|>the same is with (ctrl shift it should have an arrow meaning that it will
|>create a shortcut)

So it still works as it should, just no graphic support for the
function...

Check your Mouse cursors that's what it uses to display the +

--
http://www.honeynet.org/papers/phishing/

Toolman Tim

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On "kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> |>the function are done correctly, only the small signs are missing..
> |>
> |>the same is with (ctrl shift it should have an arrow meaning that it
> will
> |>create a shortcut)
>
> So it still works as it should, just no graphic support for the
> function...
>
> Check your Mouse cursors that's what it uses to display the +

Quite - if he checks back here, I'll provide a bit more detail:

Kenny, open the Control Panel, double-click "Mouse". Click on the "Pointers"
tab. Select a different "Scheme" from the box. See if that helps.