Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cant detect my usb key

cant detect my usb key

Mike M

hi all

have a 128mb usb key i try to plug it into my front usb port (which works
fine) and it wont detect it.

its shintaro brand, im running xp.

i have no software for the key either.

any ideas?

thanks..

Jeroen Wijnands

Mike M wrote:
> hi all
>

> have a 128mb usb key i try to plug it into my front usb port (which

works
> fine) and it wont detect it.
>
> its shintaro brand, im running xp.
>
> i have no software for the key either.
>
> any ideas?
>
> thanks..

Define "wont detect it"? If it lacks a drive letter you can assign that
via computer managment-disk management.

Jeroen

roach

"Mike M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2iHke.14148$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi all
>

> have a 128mb usb key i try to plug it into my front usb port (which works
> fine) and it wont detect it.
>
> its shintaro brand, im running xp.
>
> i have no software for the key either.
>
> any ideas?
>
> thanks..
>
>goto control panel/system/device manager and delete enhanced usb
>controllers

reboot and it will reinstall
then try your pen drive