Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DELL poweredge 2400

DELL poweredge 2400

Tommy

I have a Poweredge dell server computer with 2 scsi hard drive. It was
bought in 2001. Does anyone have this server or can tell me if i can get
another 2-3 years out of it??? Also is there a way I can test the hard
drives to see if the hard drive will last. It will only be connect to 3
computers just to share files. It was in my other office and I upgraded
because of space and mem but I want to put this in my very small office . I
did take off the NT and installed the xp pro so I have 2 hard drives now
with one with nothing on it and the other with all programs. I will use the
other for all files that have to be saved and shared with the other
computers. thank you for your replies.

MrGrumpy

The hd manu web site usually have a utility to test hd's

"Tommy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Poweredge dell server computer with 2 scsi hard drive. It was
> bought in 2001. Does anyone have this server or can tell me if i can get
> another 2-3 years out of it??? Also is there a way I can test the hard
> drives to see if the hard drive will last. It will only be connect to 3
> computers just to share files. It was in my other office and I upgraded
> because of space and mem but I want to put this in my very small office .

> did take off the NT and installed the xp pro so I have 2 hard drives now
> with one with nothing on it and the other with all programs. I will use

the
> other for all files that have to be saved and shared with the other
> computers. thank you for your replies.

Toolman Tim

"Tommy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Poweredge dell server computer with 2 scsi hard drive. It was
>bought in 2001. Does anyone have this server or can tell me if i can get
>another 2-3 years out of it??? Also is there a way I can test the hard
>drives to see if the hard drive will last. It will only be connect to 3
>computers just to share files. It was in my other office and I upgraded
>because of space and mem but I want to put this in my very small office . I
>did take off the NT and installed the xp pro so I have 2 hard drives now
>with one with nothing on it and the other with all programs. I will use
>the other for all files that have to be saved and shared with the other
>computers. thank you for your replies.

I have a Poweredge we bought in 1999. Still running on the original drives
(SCSI Raid array). This ol' puppy has *never* taken a crap <g>!