Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sound Card

Sound Card

mailbox24@gmail.com

How do I determine the kind of sound card in my computer.

Blinky the Shark

> How do I determine the kind of sound card in my computer.

The documentation for it should tell you.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

mailbox24@gmail.com

On 21 May 2005 07:39:40 GMT,
Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> How do I determine the kind of sound card in my computer.

>The documentation for it should tell you.

No documentation. Is the only way to discover this information by
removing the cover?

It stopped working. I need to know how to completely uninstall it
from my WinMe and then I want to use add hardware to recognize it and
re-install it.

Gordon

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On 21 May 2005 07:39:40 GMT,
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>

>>>How do I determine the kind of sound card in my computer.

>>The documentation for it should tell you.

> No documentation. Is the only way to discover this information by
> removing the cover?
>
> It stopped working. I need to know how to completely uninstall it
> from my WinMe and then I want to use add hardware to recognize it and
> re-install it.

Get Belarc

Linux Registered User no 240308
Fedora Core 3
http://www.euronet.nl/users/frankvw/...t/IhateMS.html
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

mailbox24@gmail.com

On Sat, 21 May 2005 08:56:12 +0100,
Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Get Belarc
>
>http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

This is an amazing help. I really appreciate this program and your
lead.

Gordon

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2005 08:56:12 +0100,
> Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Get Belarc
>>
>>http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

> This is an amazing help. I really appreciate this program and your
> lead.

YW. There's another one, similar but has other functions.

HTH!

--
Linux Registered User no 240308
Fedora Core 3
http://www.euronet.nl/users/frankvw/...t/IhateMS.html
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> How do I determine the kind of sound card in my computer.

Try:
http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
or just pop the cover off and take a looksee. If it's onboard, look for
the chip near the sound ports. Often one can get drives just by entering
in the number on the sound chip in google.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/