Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > try again, hopefully without the nonsense

try again, hopefully without the nonsense

Gerry Wolf

Anyone:

I've been getting alot of not responding programs from Windows Media Player
10, to Word and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell is
causing this. It seems to be only of late and I've run Norton anit virus,
Spyboy, Adaware and Windows AntiSpyware programs to possibly flush out any
culprit. Would this coincide with the rash of Virtual Memory errors I have
received? I've been through all the advice regarding the pagefile.sys and
thought I was through it but I still occasionally get that error as well,
mainly while runnint WMP.

But the latest is the freaking hungapp garbage. And of course, the send
error report carp constantly.

Help is and would be appreciated, what file/s are corrupt on thei "oh so
excellent" Windows XP Home!!!

The system is a AMD XP3200, on a FIC AU13 board with 512 mb RAM.

Gerry

ellis_jay

Gerry Wolf wrote:
> Anyone:
>
> I've been getting alot of not responding programs from Windows Media
> Player 10, to Word and I cannot for the life of me figure out what
> the hell is causing this. It seems to be only of late and I've run
> Norton anit virus, Spyboy, Adaware and Windows AntiSpyware programs
> to possibly flush out any culprit. Would this coincide with the rash
> of Virtual Memory errors I have received? I've been through all the
> advice regarding the pagefile.sys and thought I was through it but I
> still occasionally get that error as well, mainly while runnint WMP.
>
> But the latest is the freaking hungapp garbage. And of course, the
> send error report carp constantly.
>
> Help is and would be appreciated, what file/s are corrupt on thei "oh
> so excellent" Windows XP Home!!!
>
> The system is a AMD XP3200, on a FIC AU13 board with 512 mb RAM.
>
> Gerry

http://www.our-class.net/mmchristen/...essagebox.html

Ellis_jay

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:00:57 GMT, "Gerry Wolf" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|>Anyone:

I fit that!

|>I've been getting alot of not responding programs from Windows Media Player
|>10, to Word and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell is
|>causing this. It seems to be only of late and I've run Norton anit virus,
|>Spyboy, Adaware and Windows AntiSpyware programs to possibly flush out any
|>culprit. Would this coincide with the rash of Virtual Memory errors I have
|>received? I've been through all the advice regarding the pagefile.sys and
|>thought I was through it but I still occasionally get that error as well,
|>mainly while runnint WMP.
|>
|>But the latest is the freaking hungapp garbage. And of course, the send
|>error report carp constantly.
|>
|>Help is and would be appreciated, what file/s are corrupt on thei "oh so
|>excellent" Windows XP Home!!!

"hungapp" garbage errors? Google shows a few thousand hits, maleware
or a new piece bad of software are likely.

For corrupt files, start in safe mode, open a dos window and enter:
SFC /scannow

This will check for the proper critical files being available and up
to date.

The catch here is if you installed XP then SP2 when it ask for a CD
it's going to expect SP2.

Scrote

Snip>>
>> "hungapp....... maleware
>> or a new piece bad of software are likely.

Snip

What do you think, shirt too loud?
--
Or mis-matched socks?

Kuli

Scrote wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Snip>>
>
>>>"hungapp....... maleware
>>>or a new piece bad of software are likely.
>>>

> Snip
>
> What do you think, shirt too loud?

The blue suit with brown shoes, most likely.

I just try a newly launch program.. hopefully i will get something back in return... hazard Digital Photography 2 03-06-2007 05:05 PM
Generics in 1.5, nonsense warnings? changzhouwang@gmail.com Java 4 11-17-2005 09:06 PM
Tired of Nonsense Sasha Y. Gupta MCSE 26 07-15-2004 07:53 PM
Why the nonsense in spam emails? Dan Welch Computer Support 3 10-08-2003 06:52 AM

Advertisments