Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cannot Delete Messages From Inbox

Cannot Delete Messages From Inbox

DD Woodford

My mother is having a problem deleting mail from her inbox. She can't even
drag into her deleted file. It tells her there is an error. She uses Windows
98 and Outlook Express 6. She wrote a message down but not sure if it's
related to this particular problem. The message reads:

Error see window patch UTP unreadable or not a patch file

Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Phyllis

trout

"DD Woodford" wrote in message
> My mother is having a problem deleting mail from her inbox. She can't

even
> drag into her deleted file. It tells her there is an error. She uses

Windows
> 98 and Outlook Express 6. She wrote a message down but not sure if it's
> related to this particular problem. The message reads:
>
> Error see window patch UTP unreadable or not a patch file
>
> Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
>
> Phyllis

She could simply delete the inbox. Another would be created when the
program was restarted. The procedure would be to (if necessary) check where
the message store is, under Tools, Options, Maintenance, and the "Message
Store" button. That would show where to look. Then, with OE *closed*,
navigate in Explorer to that location, and delete (or rename) the file
Inbox.dbx. When OE is opened the next time, a new, empty Inbox will be
created.
--
Naturally, old Inbox messages *would* be lost that couldn't be moved to a
different folder.

Helmut

"DD Woodford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Siwie.793$(E-Mail Removed):

> She
> uses Windows 98 and Outlook Express 6.

That's a problem

> Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Dump OE and try Pegasus Mail

Toolman Tim

"Helmut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns965A377A2B76iamnotroot8effffffff@207.115.6 3.158...
> "DD Woodford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Siwie.793$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> She
>> uses Windows 98 and Outlook Express 6.

> That's a problem

<VBG> FWIW, I've used W9x and OE (now XP and OE) for many years and never
had "a problem".

>> Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

> Dump OE and try Pegasus Mail

Sunny

"DD Woodford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Siwie.793$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> My mother is having a problem deleting mail from her inbox. She can't
> even drag into her deleted file. It tells her there is an error. She uses
> Windows 98 and Outlook Express 6. She wrote a message down but not sure
> if it's related to this particular problem. The message reads:
>
> Error see window patch UTP unreadable or not a patch file
>
> Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Tom Koch:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

David Guess
http://www.mindspring.com/~oe_oh/

Jim Pickering
http://home.attbi.com/~jimpickering/

Frank Saunders
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/index.htm

Psychodaddyo Psychodaddyo is offline
Junior Member

I found a fix for hard to delete messages at the Microsoft Download Center. There is an update (fix) for Vista 32 and 64 bit systems. 32 bit download is KB941090. Seems like a lot of people are having this problem. Microsoft should include this fix in their automatic updates.