Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > TV-tuner card

TV-tuner card

Paul Kersey

Checked ebay and discovered some TV tuner cards with no onboard Video RAM
for sale for as little as $10.
Has anyone fooled with these type of TV tuner cards with NO onboard
VIDEORAM? What's the story?
Familiar with Graphics cards with Tuner and RAM, but not separate.
PK

I have never heard of a tv tuner with onboard ram.....

"Paul Kersey" <Paul http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zosie.35019$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Checked ebay and discovered some TV tuner cards with no onboard Video RAM
> for sale for as little as $10.
> Has anyone fooled with these type of TV tuner cards with NO onboard
> VIDEORAM? What's the story?
> Familiar with Graphics cards with Tuner and RAM, but not separate.
> PK

ftran999

<kenny> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)-privat.org...
>I have never heard of a tv tuner with onboard ram.....

I think he may be referring to the "all in one" type cards.
> "Paul Kersey" <Paul (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zosie.35019$(E-Mail Removed). com...
>> Checked ebay and discovered some TV tuner cards with no onboard Video RAM
>> for sale for as little as $10.
>> Has anyone fooled with these type of TV tuner cards with NO onboard
>> VIDEORAM? What's the story?
>> Familiar with Graphics cards with Tuner and RAM, but not separate.
>> PK

Aquanaut

"Paul Kersey" <Paul (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zosie.35019$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Checked ebay and discovered some TV tuner cards with no onboard Video RAM
> for sale for as little as $10.
> Has anyone fooled with these type of TV tuner cards with NO onboard
> VIDEORAM? What's the story?
> Familiar with Graphics cards with Tuner and RAM, but not separate.
> PK

A tv tuner card is just that---a method of "decoding" television signals
and enabling you to watch via the pc.---No ram no onboard yahdda,no
nowt,just an input device.
Now if you mean an all in one "wonder" card save your money. Graphics cards
do a fine job,limited by there own specs,sound cards are similar.
Pay your money and take your choice--a horse for a course is the advice.