Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Xvid

Daniel

I'm trying to download the Xvid codec because I've got to re-encode some
AVIs that were done in Xvid. The problem is that I can only find that yes
it exists, & yes they have the source code....but no actual download of the
codec.

Anyone know where to get this?

There are 10 types of people in this world...
....those who understand binary & those who don't.

Unk

On Sun, 15 May 2005 21:02:08 -0500, "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom> wrote:

>I'm trying to download the Xvid codec because I've got to re-encode some
>AVIs that were done in Xvid. The problem is that I can only find that yes
>it exists, & yes they have the source code....but no actual download of the
>codec.
>
>Anyone know where to get this?
>
>--

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...lters/xvid.cfm
Click the "Download" image to get the file, "XviD-1.0.3-20122004.exe"

gangle

http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

"Daniel" wrote
> I'm trying to download the Xvid codec because I've got to re-encode some
> AVIs that were done in Xvid. The problem is that I can only find that yes
> it exists, & yes they have the source code....but no actual download of the
> codec.
>
> Anyone know where to get this?

Daniel

news(E-Mail Removed)...

wrote:

> >I'm trying to download the Xvid codec because I've got to re-encode some
> >AVIs that were done in Xvid. The problem is that I can only find that

yes
> >it exists, & yes they have the source code....but no actual download of

the
> >codec.
> >
> >Anyone know where to get this?
> >
> >--

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...lters/xvid.cfm
> Click the "Download" image to get the file, "XviD-1.0.3-20122004.exe"

Thanks...but I've also ran into another problem as well. I've got some files
that are in AC3 ("AC3 DVM" as a video info viewer shows). I cant seem to
find a AC3 codec that can play them back.

Any ideas? Is there just 1 ac3 codec or multiple ones?

Daniel

"gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

Thanks...did happen to find it....but I've also ran into another problem as

On Mon, 16 May 2005 01:44:11 -0500, "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom> wrote:

>"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 15 May 2005 21:02:08 -0500, "Daniel" <daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom>

>wrote:
>>
>> >I'm trying to download the Xvid codec because I've got to re-encode some
>> >AVIs that were done in Xvid. The problem is that I can only find that

>yes
>> >it exists, & yes they have the source code....but no actual download of

>the
>> >codec.
>> >
>> >Anyone know where to get this?
>> >
>> >--

>http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...lters/xvid.cfm
>> Click the "Download" image to get the file, "XviD-1.0.3-20122004.exe"
>>

>Thanks...but I've also ran into another problem as well. I've got some files
>that are in AC3 ("AC3 DVM" as a video info viewer shows). I cant seem to
>find a AC3 codec that can play them back.
>
>Any ideas? Is there just 1 ac3 codec or multiple ones?

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/software.htm
http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Filters/ac3filter_0_70b.exe

Gspot codec identifier - Drag & drop file into it, or add a shortcut to it in your "Sendto"
folder. http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html

gangle

"Daniel" wrote
> "gangle" wrote
> > http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml
> >

> Thanks...did happen to find it....but I've also ran into another problem as
> well. I've got some files that are in AC3 ("AC3 DVM" as a video info viewer
> shows). I cant seem to find a AC3 codec that can play them back.
>
> Any ideas? Is there just 1 ac3 codec or multiple ones?

It's not a codec -- it's a Direct Show filter, and this one works well
on my system:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...ter-a-RC.shtml

> > "Daniel" wrote
> > > I'm trying to download the Xvid codec because I've got to re-encode some
> > > AVIs that were done in Xvid. The problem is that I can only find that

> yes
> > > it exists, & yes they have the source code....but no actual download of

> the
> > > codec.
> > >
> > > Anyone know where to get this?

Daniel

"gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Daniel" wrote
> > "gangle" wrote
> > > http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml
> > >

> > Thanks...did happen to find it....but I've also ran into another problem

as
> > well. I've got some files that are in AC3 ("AC3 DVM" as a video info

viewer
> > shows). I cant seem to find a AC3 codec that can play them back.
> >
> > Any ideas? Is there just 1 ac3 codec or multiple ones?

> It's not a codec -- it's a Direct Show filter, and this one works well
> on my system:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...-Encoders/AC3-
Filter-a-RC.shtml

Then how do I re-encode a video's audio that is using it? I cant get
VirtualDub 1.4 to reprocess it. I tried ripping the audio out of it (using
save as WAV) & then tried to have WinAmp use it's diskwriter plugin to
convert to regular WAV, but not able to get WinAmp to read it either (says
no supported codec).

I tried the codec the other person posted a link to (thats the one I'd
installed) but still nothing.

wrote:

> >"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> On Sun, 15 May 2005 21:02:08 -0500, "Daniel"

<daniel_h_wATyyahooDOTccom>

some

> >yes

of
> >the

>http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...ilters/xvid.cf

> >> Click the "Download" image to get the file, "XviD-1.0.3-20122004.exe"
> >>

> >Thanks...but I've also ran into another problem as well. I've got some

files
> >that are in AC3 ("AC3 DVM" as a video info viewer shows). I cant seem to
> >find a AC3 codec that can play them back.
> >
> >Any ideas? Is there just 1 ac3 codec or multiple ones?
> >

> http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/software.htm
> http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Filters/ac3filter_0_70b.exe
>
> Gspot codec identifier - Drag & drop file into it, or add a shortcut to it

in your "Sendto"
> folder. http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html

I tried that one & no matter what I select to try to convert it to (the
compression method, need MP3 not AC3) then I get an error that the selected
format isn't compatible with the audio source. GSpot says 3 compatible
audio codecs installed though. So what is wrong? Will I be able to get the
audio out of this AVI in another compression format?

gangle

"Daniel" wrote

>........Then how do I re-encode a video's audio that is using it? I cant get
> VirtualDub 1.4 to reprocess it. I tried ripping the audio out of it (using
> save as WAV) & then tried to have WinAmp use it's diskwriter plugin to
> convert to regular WAV, but not able to get WinAmp to read it either (says
> no supported codec).
>
> I tried the codec the other person posted a link to (thats the one I'd
> installed) but still nothing.

**I F** Direct Show recognized the AC3 filter, you would be able
to BOTH play the AC3 sound directly and convert it to wav
or mp3 in Virtual Dub. I suggest uninstalling any/all AC3 filters,
then install the one I pointed to.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...ter-a-RC.shtml

Then go to control panel and open the configuration on the filter;
on the SYSTEM Tab: check only "AC3" under "Use AC3Filter for,"
and bullet both "Prefer AC3 Filter" and "Use Direct Sound as default
audio renderer" > Apply > OK. If this doesn't work, I'm stumped as
to what your specific problem might be.

xvid Drvnguy Computer Support 1 08-08-2004 10:12 PM
Does the lastest Nero Vision Express support XVID Codec file to make dvd video ? Bun Mui Computer Support 2 08-02-2004 07:53 PM
how to convert AVI file (xvid codec) Gabriel P. Computer Support 2 09-17-2003 05:46 PM
XVID drvnguy Computer Support 4 08-10-2003 07:12 PM
XviD with Gordian Knot Styrbjorn Computer Support 0 06-25-2003 06:23 PM

Advertisments