Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I print to a TCP/IP Printer server from Mac OSX

How do I print to a TCP/IP Printer server from Mac OSX

Jack B. Pollack

I just purchased a ZoneNet Print Server PS1000
http://www.zonetusa.com/DispProduct.asp?ProductID=115 The unit is supposed
to be PC and Mac compatible, but there is no documentation on setting it up
on the Mac. I have it working on the PC side, but can't figure out how to
configure it on the Mac side.

In Print Center I assume that I choose IP printing and enter in the IP of
the print server. What do I enter for queue name? What Driver do I use? The
printer is not listed in the HP list (DeskJet 5150). The printer has
previously been installed as a USB printer.

Thanks Guys.

pcbutts1

The queue name can be whatever you want. If you leave it blank it will use
the IP address as the name. Get the drivers from here
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...n&cc=us&os=219

"Jack B. Pollack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CRthe.594$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just purchased a ZoneNet Print Server PS1000
> http://www.zonetusa.com/DispProduct.asp?ProductID=115 The unit is supposed
> to be PC and Mac compatible, but there is no documentation on setting it
> up
> on the Mac. I have it working on the PC side, but can't figure out how to
> configure it on the Mac side.
>
> In Print Center I assume that I choose IP printing and enter in the IP of
> the print server. What do I enter for queue name? What Driver do I use?
> The
> printer is not listed in the HP list (DeskJet 5150). The printer has
> previously been installed as a USB printer.
>
> Thanks Guys.

Jack B. Pollack

The printer does not show in the list of choices under "Printer Model"
Do I need a PPD file for this printer? Where Do I get it?

Thanks.

news:5Fuhe.3296$3%(E-Mail Removed) m...
> The queue name can be whatever you want. If you leave it blank it will use
> the IP address as the name. Get the drivers from here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=304431&
lang=en&cc=us&os=219

> "Jack B. Pollack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CRthe.594$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I just purchased a ZoneNet Print Server PS1000
> > http://www.zonetusa.com/DispProduct.asp?ProductID=115 The unit is

supposed
> > to be PC and Mac compatible, but there is no documentation on setting

it
> > up
> > on the Mac. I have it working on the PC side, but can't figure out how

> > configure it on the Mac side.
> >
> > In Print Center I assume that I choose IP printing and enter in the IP

of
> > the print server. What do I enter for queue name? What Driver do I use?
> > The
> > printer is not listed in the HP list (DeskJet 5150). The printer has
> > previously been installed as a USB printer.
> >
> > Thanks Guys.

The Muffin Man

Jack B. Pollack wrote:
> The printer does not show in the list of choices under "Printer Model"
> Do I need a PPD file for this printer? Where Do I get it?
>

> Thanks.

<snip>

Go here and download the OSX driver:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...n&cc=us&os=219
Install it as an IP printer, using the IP of the print server and the
queue name is probably lp.
HTH

pcbutts1

You click on the link in my previous post to download the driver.

"Jack B. Pollack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UQuhe.597$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The printer does not show in the list of choices under "Printer Model"
> Do I need a PPD file for this printer? Where Do I get it?
>

> Thanks.
>
> "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:5Fuhe.3296$3%(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> The queue name can be whatever you want. If you leave it blank it will
>> use
>> the IP address as the name. Get the drivers from here
>>

> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=304431&
> lang=en&cc=us&os=219
>>
>> --

>> "Jack B. Pollack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:CRthe.594$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I just purchased a ZoneNet Print Server PS1000
>> > http://www.zonetusa.com/DispProduct.asp?ProductID=115 The unit is

> supposed
>> > to be PC and Mac compatible, but there is no documentation on setting

> it
>> > up
>> > on the Mac. I have it working on the PC side, but can't figure out how

>> > configure it on the Mac side.
>> >
>> > In Print Center I assume that I choose IP printing and enter in the IP

> of
>> > the print server. What do I enter for queue name? What Driver do I use?
>> > The
>> > printer is not listed in the HP list (DeskJet 5150). The printer has
>> > previously been installed as a USB printer.
>> >
>> > Thanks Guys.

The Muffin Man

pcbutts1 wrote:
> You click on the link in my previous post to download the driver.

Sorry 'bout that.
It's early, not enough coffee and there was a three year old around my
ankles...

Toolman Tim

"The Muffin Man" <the.muffin.man@dotcomdotaudotcom> wrote in message
news:42869dd7$0$20475$(E-Mail Removed)...
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>> You click on the link in my previous post to download the driver.
>>

> Sorry 'bout that.
> It's early, not enough coffee and there was a three year old around my
> ankles...

Heh heh...I think most of us can relate <g>

pcbutts1

Not you. I was talking to Jack.

"The Muffin Man" <the.muffin.man@dotcomdotaudotcom> wrote in message
news:42869dd7$0$20475$(E-Mail Removed)...
> pcbutts1 wrote:
>> You click on the link in my previous post to download the driver.
>>

> Sorry 'bout that.
> It's early, not enough coffee and there was a three year old around my
> ankles...

Jack B. Pollack

I must be missing something...

I did DL and install the driver. The question/problem is that the printer
does not show in the list of choices under "Printer Model". I searched the
HD but did not find a PPD file for this printer. What printer do I choose
for "Printer Model", or how do I add the 5150 to this list?

Sorry if I am being dense

Thanks

news:3iwhe.16950$(E-Mail Removed) om...

http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> >> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
> >>

> >> "Jack B. Pollack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:CRthe.594$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > supposed

setting
> > it

how

IP
> > of

use?

pcbutts1

Don't look under HP, look for it under other and if you still cannot find it
then do a search on your system for the location of the ppd file.

news:L6Jhe.21252$(E-Mail Removed)...