Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help, new motherboards [gigabyte 7vt600P-RZ] BIOS doesn't have all the options, even in advanced mode.

Help, new motherboards [gigabyte 7vt600P-RZ] BIOS doesn't have all the options, even in advanced mode.

jeff

I was going through setting up the BIOS on my new mobo and I can't
find a bunch of options Im used to.

Video BIOS Shadowing
AGP Fast Write
Assign IRQ for VGA
System BIOS Cacheable
AGP Master 1WS Read & Write
PCI Pipline , Dynamic Burst, Master 0 WS Write
Assign IRQ for USB
IDE HDD Block mode

why wouldn't these settings be on a newer motherboard?

yes I've pushed ctrl+F1 to get into advanced mode, and yes it has the
lastest BIOS flashed.

thank you

Aquanaut

"jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was going through setting up the BIOS on my new mobo and I can't
> find a bunch of options Im used to.
>
> Video BIOS Shadowing
> AGP Fast Write
> Assign IRQ for VGA
> System BIOS Cacheable
> AGP Master 1WS Read & Write
> PCI Pipline , Dynamic Burst, Master 0 WS Write
> Assign IRQ for USB
> IDE HDD Block mode
>

> why wouldn't these settings be on a newer motherboard?
>
> yes I've pushed ctrl+F1 to get into advanced mode, and yes it has the
> lastest BIOS flashed.
>

> thank you

do you know what you have bought?
manual here
http://www.giga-byte.com/Download/Do..._via8237_e.pdf

Plato

jeff wrote:

> I was going through setting up the BIOS on my new mobo and I can't
> find a bunch of options Im used to.
>
> Video BIOS Shadowing
> AGP Fast Write
> Assign IRQ for VGA
> System BIOS Cacheable
> AGP Master 1WS Read & Write
> PCI Pipline , Dynamic Burst, Master 0 WS Write
> Assign IRQ for USB
> IDE HDD Block mode
>
> why wouldn't these settings be on a newer motherboard?

Becasue you got one with a more limited bios.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

jeff

On 14 May 2005 16:55:14 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

>jeff wrote:
>>
>> I was going through setting up the BIOS on my new mobo and I can't
>> find a bunch of options Im used to.
>>
>> Video BIOS Shadowing
>> AGP Fast Write
>> Assign IRQ for VGA
>> System BIOS Cacheable
>> AGP Master 1WS Read & Write
>> PCI Pipline , Dynamic Burst, Master 0 WS Write
>> Assign IRQ for USB
>> IDE HDD Block mode
>>
>> why wouldn't these settings be on a newer motherboard?

>Becasue you got one with a more limited bios.

more limited than an ECS piece of ****.... this is a gigabyte

jeff

On Sat, 14 May 2005 19:15:36 GMT, "Aquanaut" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I was going through setting up the BIOS on my new mobo and I can't
>> find a bunch of options Im used to.
>>
>> Video BIOS Shadowing
>> AGP Fast Write
>> Assign IRQ for VGA
>> System BIOS Cacheable
>> AGP Master 1WS Read & Write
>> PCI Pipline , Dynamic Burst, Master 0 WS Write
>> Assign IRQ for USB
>> IDE HDD Block mode
>>

>> why wouldn't these settings be on a newer motherboard?
>>
>> yes I've pushed ctrl+F1 to get into advanced mode, and yes it has the
>> lastest BIOS flashed.
>>

>> thank you

>do you know what you have bought?
>manual here
>http://www.giga-byte.com/Download/Do..._via8237_e.pdf

yes I know what I have bought, but I was wondering why those BIOS
setting I've seen in all my other mobo's weren't in that BIOS.