Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Back arrow greyed out in My Computer.

Back arrow greyed out in My Computer.

Toolman Tim

"dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> JohnQ wrote:
>> Think about it Wise Guys If I go to My Computer I can access all
>> directories from there and browse through files and other drives.
>> John Q.

> You still have to go forward to some folder/file before the back button
> becomes active.

I think the word 'clueless' may apply. Or, at the very least, he did a poor
job describing his problem...

Toolman Tim

"JohnQ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d65g09$74j$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> SP2.
>>
>> No clue, but a work around.
>>
>> Use WinKey+E next time you want to open My computer.

> It works OK that way. I can also navigate using Windows Explorer but for
> some reason I have always preferred to explore via My Computer.

Uh....see the button on the toolbar that says "Folders"? Click on that -
voila! "My Computer". Oh - and click on it again, and wow! Now it's Windows
Explorer. (They're the same thing, see...)

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On Sat, 14 May 2005 13:33:39 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>"dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

|>> You still have to go forward to some folder/file before the back button
|>> becomes active.

|>I think the word 'clueless' may apply. Or, at the very least, he did a poor
|>job describing his problem...

I had to wait for his rebuttal to you to catch on

JohnQ

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 14 May 2005 13:33:39 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> |>"dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> button
>
> |>I think the word 'clueless' may apply. Or, at the very least, he did a
> poor
> |>job describing his problem...
>
> I had to wait for his rebuttal to you to catch on
>

> --

This used to be a helpful NG. Now it seems to be a clique of timewasting
posters. If you can't be helpful why read or answer posts?
JohnQ.

pcbutts1

I am psychic and I could not read your mind. Next time be clear and precise
when you ask a question smart ass.

"JohnQ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d65ucl$ec9$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> button

>> poor
>>
>> I had to wait for his rebuttal to you to catch on
>>

>> --

> This used to be a helpful NG. Now it seems to be a clique of timewasting
> posters. If you can't be helpful why read or answer posts?
> JohnQ.

JohnQ

Who would ever ask here again.
JohnQ
news:Zkwhe.16951$(E-Mail Removed) om...
>I am psychic and I could not read your mind. Next time be clear and precise
>when you ask a question smart ass.

> "JohnQ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d65ucl$ec9$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> button

>>> poor
>>>
>>> I had to wait for his rebuttal to you to catch on
>>>

>>> --

>> This used to be a helpful NG. Now it seems to be a clique of timewasting
>> posters. If you can't be helpful why read or answer posts?
>> JohnQ.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On Sat, 14 May 2005 22:33:58 +0000 (UTC), "JohnQ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

|>> button

|>> poor

|>> I had to wait for his rebuttal to you to catch on

|>This used to be a helpful NG. Now it seems to be a clique of timewasting
|>posters. If you can't be helpful why read or answer posts?
|>JohnQ.

Quote: Back Arrow has become greyed out in My Computer.

It's exact'ly as mention'd, as far back as you can go, and your
arguing the point, or at the least complaining you didn't get the
proper respect for a clueless question. (which by the way you are
getting)

JohnQ

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 14 May 2005 22:33:58 +0000 (UTC), "JohnQ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> |><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> |>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> all

> |>This used to be a helpful NG. Now it seems to be a clique of timewasting
> |>posters. If you can't be helpful why read or answer posts?
> |>JohnQ.
>
> Quote: Back Arrow has become greyed out in My Computer.
>
> It's exact'ly as mention'd, as far back as you can go, and your
> arguing the point, or at the least complaining you didn't get the
> proper respect for a clueless question. (which by the way you are
> getting)
>
> --

You were the only one being helpful.
Should I also have mentioned that the
forward arrow is also greyed out and that both arrows work from within My
Computer on my old machine?
JohnQ

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On Sun, 15 May 2005 00:42:33 +0000 (UTC), "JohnQ" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

|>> all

|>> Quote: Back Arrow has become greyed out in My Computer.
|>>
|>> It's exact'ly as mention'd, as far back as you can go, and your
|>> arguing the point, or at the least complaining you didn't get the
|>> proper respect for a clueless question. (which by the way you are
|>> getting)
|>>
|>> --
|>You were the only one being helpful.

You thread'd to my reply, felt I had to say something. :}

|> Should I also have mentioned that the
|>forward arrow is also greyed out and that both arrows work from within My
|>Computer on my old machine?

I've never mess'd with the arrows, I can't see where the forward arrow
would ever work unless the directory one was in had one more directory
within it (I can't get it to highlight).

Cool Guy

JohnQ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Back Arrow has become greyed out in My Computer. I am using XP Pro with SP2.
> How do I restore the function, it works OK in IE.

Take a screenshot of it, upload it somewhere, and then link to it here.