Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help advanced search

Help advanced search

Lorea

Hi, I am having trouble finding information with the advanced search,
can anyone help me? Thank you! Lorea

Oldus Fartus

Lorea wrote:
> Hi, I am having trouble finding information with the advanced search,
> can anyone help me? Thank you! Lorea

That is because there is certain information that "proper" young ladies
should not access.

If you really must though, I would suggest you burn some incense, dab a
little perfume on your pressure points and wear that little black number
you picked up last month. Above all though, ask very, very nicely.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Lorea

Excuse me! I was under the impression that this web site was available
for people that need help with google dirriculties. Not to be verbally
abused and degrated by someone that has nothing better to do than be
mean. Who do you think you are to speak to me in such a disrespectful
manner. You have made me very angry!!! Lorea

Evan Platt

On 13 May 2005 00:22:28 -0700, "Lorea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi, I am having trouble finding information with the advanced search,
>can anyone help me? Thank you! Lorea

What advanced search?

Oldus Fartus

Lorea wrote:
> Excuse me! I was under the impression that this web site was available
> for people that need help with google dirriculties. Not to be verbally
> abused and degrated by someone that has nothing better to do than be
> mean. Who do you think you are to speak to me in such a disrespectful
> manner. You have made me very angry!!! Lorea

Oh dear, oh dear.

Let's start from scratch then hey? First of all, this is not a
website, it is a newsgroup. Don't confuse Google with Usenet.

Secondly, you asked "Hi, I am having trouble finding information with
the advanced search, can anyone help me? Thank you! Lorea".

How do you expect anybody to know what you mean? You could be talking
about advanced search in the local library, Windows or Linux advanced
help, or something else again. People are not mind-readers, so give
all the information that may be required.

I would suggest you have lead a very sheltered life if you think that is
disrespectful or verbal abuse.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Ionizer

"Lorea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi, I am having trouble finding information with the advanced search,
> can anyone help me? Thank you! Lorea

Google Help: Advanced Search Made Easy:
http://www.google.ca/help/refinesearch.html

What information are you searching for?

--
Ian.

Lorea

I'm sorry is there a reason that this person should be allowed to make
such horrible comments to another person and then be protected by you
for what reason I'm very curious. No I will not accept his request and
I am going to report him to the abuse report line (whatever its
called). You ask what advanced search? Ironic as it is I am attempting
to find the teacher that molested me 30 years ago! So you can perhaps
imagine how this response has upset me, and I'm not looking for any
sympathy believe me, but I definitely was not expecting verbal abuse
from a stranger! Lorea

Ionizer

"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42845f1b$0$7209$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I would suggest you have lead a very sheltered life if you think that
> is disrespectful or verbal abuse.

It may be your gratuitous use of the word "incense" that incensed her.

Regards,
Ian.

Oldus Fartus

Lorea wrote:
> I'm sorry is there a reason that this person should be allowed to make
> such horrible comments to another person and then be protected by you
> for what reason I'm very curious. No I will not accept his request and
> I am going to report him to the abuse report line (whatever its
> called). You ask what advanced search? Ironic as it is I am attempting
> to find the teacher that molested me 30 years ago! So you can perhaps
> imagine how this response has upset me, and I'm not looking for any
> sympathy believe me, but I definitely was not expecting verbal abuse
> from a stranger! Lorea

I agree. One should never take abuse from a stranger, so allow me to
introduce myself.

You really are a silly cow aren't you?

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Oldus Fartus

Ionizer wrote:
> "Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42845f1b$0$7209$(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>I would suggest you have lead a very sheltered life if you think that
>>is disrespectful or verbal abuse.

> It may be your gratuitous use of the word "incense" that incensed her.

LOL You could be right.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus