Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Folder Options control panel??

Folder Options control panel??

Spec

I'm getting mail from a friend that recently changed his ISP. (I'm using
OE.) I now can't open his attachments and get the message. that says " This
file does not have a program associated with it fior performing this action
(opening the atachment). Create an association in the Folders Options
control panel. " Can someone tell me in simple English what I must do to
open the attachment in question??.
By the way, by going to my ISP site and reading my mail from there it's not
a promlem but I like the convience of OE. Any advise will be gratefully
received. Thanks for listening.

dadiOH

Spec wrote:
> I'm getting mail from a friend that recently changed his ISP. (I'm
> using OE.) I now can't open his attachments and get the message.
> that says " This file does not have a program associated with it fior
> performing this action (opening the atachment). Create an association
> in the Folders Options control panel. " Can someone tell me in simple
> English what I must do to open the attachment in question??.

Not unless you tell us the file type of the attachment.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

why?

On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:44:09 GMT, dadiOH wrote:

>Spec wrote:
>> I'm getting mail from a friend that recently changed his ISP. (I'm
>> using OE.) I now can't open his attachments and get the message.
>> that says " This file does not have a program associated with it fior
>> performing this action (opening the atachment). Create an association
>> in the Folders Options control panel. " Can someone tell me in simple
>> English what I must do to open the attachment in question??.

>Not unless you tell us the file type of the attachment.

That's too easy. Sounds like a call at work today.

Reporting a modem dial out fault. It's easy to fix without the internal
extension or the number being dialled?
Perhaps no one thought to dial the external number from another phone,
simply to see if the remote modem rings and it's not an external fault
between us and the other site.

Me

Aquanaut

"Spec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm getting mail from a friend that recently changed his ISP. (I'm using
> OE.) I now can't open his attachments and get the message. that says "
> This file does not have a program associated with it fior performing this
> action (opening the atachment). Create an association in the Folders
> Options control panel. " Can someone tell me in simple English what I must
> do to open the attachment in question??.
> By the way, by going to my ISP site and reading my mail from there it's
> not a promlem but I like the convience of OE. Any advise will be
> gratefully received. Thanks for listening.

Humour the non psychic comunity---what is the person sending you? how is it
being sent? as a zip/rar/tar etc (the attachment)
Could be as simple as the sender is for instance is now using 2k/xp versions
of office (assuming the file is a document) and you are using a lesser
version(Me/98 etc) new versions are backwards compatible old versions
struggle to go up.

silverfox99 silverfox99 is offline
Junior Member

The other person is sending me .pps files which I can not open to view and it keeps giving me the same message. "CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE FOLDER OPTIONS CONTROL PANEL" How the heck do I do this??? Please if you can send the reply to my email address. at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Thank you for the help.

silverfox99 silverfox99 is offline
Junior Member

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm
I fixed mine by using the link above and now it works.