Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Speedstep/CPU throttling

Speedstep/CPU throttling

Nik Schlein

I have a speedstep enabled Pentium M 1.60ghz processor on my laptop.

My problem is everytime the system changes the CPU throttle World of
Warcraft detects a change in hardware and I have to change all of my default
settings. This is highly annoying.

Any ideas that won't greatly reduce my CPU speed because I have tried
disabling that setting in the BIOS but thats not feasible unless I want a
computer on par with 98'

Win

I loaded 2000 on mine then used the speed stepping stuff from Intel (chipset
not CPU) as I found this was better, and it could be disabled from control
panel. XP seams not to alower this feature just always works....as you have
found
So set the bios to 98 in the bios. I do not think it will affect your speed
any. The PC should always run at it's fastest. But battery life will be less

Nik Schlein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have a speedstep enabled Pentium M 1.60ghz processor on my laptop.
>
> My problem is everytime the system changes the CPU throttle World of
> Warcraft detects a change in hardware and I have to change all of my
> default settings. This is highly annoying.
>

> Any ideas that won't greatly reduce my CPU speed because I have tried
> disabling that setting in the BIOS but thats not feasible unless I want a
> computer on par with 98'

Blinky the Shark

Nik Schlein wrote:

> I have a speedstep enabled Pentium M 1.60ghz processor on my laptop.

> My problem is everytime the system changes the CPU throttle World of
> Warcraft detects a change in hardware and I have to change all of my default
> settings. This is highly annoying.

You're lucky you don't have to call Microsoft and get a new activation
code for Windows, too.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

C.J.Patten

ROTFL!

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>> I have a speedstep enabled Pentium M 1.60ghz processor on my laptop.

>> My problem is everytime the system changes the CPU throttle <snip>

> You're lucky you don't have to call Microsoft and get a new activation
> code for Windows, too.

Need router with upload throttling Om_Audio Computer Support 4 05-04-2005 01:33 AM
throttling on cisco 2600 tony Cisco 1 03-09-2005 03:00 PM
Bandwidth Throttling faels Cisco 2 04-02-2004 02:37 AM
Throttling specific IPs & Ports Aaron Cisco 1 02-05-2004 10:25 PM
Using a Cisco router as a throttling bridge? Joe Drago Cisco 2 11-12-2003 11:41 PM

Advertisments