Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firefox cache

Firefox cache

tsantsa

With Firefox, is there a way of saving the cache of just one website so
that I don't lose it when I clear out the rest of cache?

One particular website I visit is very graphics intensive and it's a
pain on my slow connection to reload all the images again after a clean
up.

Old Gringo

tsantsa wrote:
> With Firefox, is there a way of saving the cache of just one website so
> that I don't lose it when I clear out the rest of cache?
>
> One particular website I visit is very graphics intensive and it's a
> pain on my slow connection to reload all the images again after a clean
> up.

For the novice I don't see any way to accomplish this task. Sounds
like a good one to submit to Mozilla/FireFox. Pages to save when
Clearing Cache.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Martik

"tsantsa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns965439C1E95blartyblartblast@194.168.222.12 3...
> With Firefox, is there a way of saving the cache of just one website so
> that I don't lose it when I clear out the rest of cache?
>
> One particular website I visit is very graphics intensive and it's a
> pain on my slow connection to reload all the images again after a clean
> up.

Set all the files to read only?

elaich

"Martik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:aaxge.61602$tg1.39675@edtnps84:

> Set all the files to read only?

If you can figure out which ones they are. Firefox's cryptic naming of
cache itmes makes this almost impossible.

--
"No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
want to know is - why not?"

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

elaich wrote:
> "Martik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:aaxge.61602$tg1.39675@edtnps84:
>

>>Set all the files to read only?

> If you can figure out which ones they are. Firefox's cryptic naming of
> cache itmes makes this almost impossible.

Go to the website at an odd hour. The cache files from that time period
are the ones you want to save.

tsantsa

Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:hLwge.896$(E-Mail Removed):

> For the novice I don't see any way to accomplish this task.
> Sounds like a good one to submit to Mozilla/FireFox. Pages to
> save when Clearing Cache.

Thanks all for the ideas, it seems there isn't an easy way to do it.
Maybe I'll submit it as a suggestion then. (Or get a faster connection
)

elaich

tsantsa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns9654B9E3F5B2Fblartyblartblast@194.168.222. 124:

> Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:hLwge.896$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> For the novice I don't see any way to accomplish this task.
>> Sounds like a good one to submit to Mozilla/FireFox. Pages to
>> save when Clearing Cache.

> Thanks all for the ideas, it seems there isn't an easy way to do it.
> Maybe I'll submit it as a suggestion then. (Or get a faster connection
> )

Clear your cache, then visit the page. Then mark any new files in the
cache read only.

--
"No sports writers were harmed during the making of this post. And what I
want to know is - why not?"

WormWood

"elaich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Martik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>
>> Set all the files to read only?

> If you can figure out which ones they are. Firefox's cryptic naming of
> cache itmes makes this almost impossible.

Firefox has both History and cache separately. as well as a button to
clear location bar. History is very readable, giving an html web address
to each file in cotents. I don't know how to make them read only but
thought I'd supply this little dollop of information in case you can use
it.

tgkprog tgkprog is offline
Junior Member

use a local proxy server with cache enabled
goto sourceforge.net or google to find some

i cant post a link but i guess they are obvious urls ... //sourceforge.net/