Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Reader to read VCD format cd

Reader to read VCD format cd

pate2010

I have been given a cd which contains files in VCD format.

Can someone please tell me of a good VCD file reader.

Oldus Fartus

pate2010 wrote:
> I have been given a cd which contains files in VCD format.
>
> Can someone please tell me of a good VCD file reader.

Assuming Windows - Windows Media Player and most DVD playing software.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Frank S

"pate2010" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have been given a cd which contains files in VCD format.

Is it a VCD? Or a CD-R that contains mpeg video clips?
If it is a VCD, you are almost certain to have a media player
installed that will play the disk, trial and error -simple.
But, If it is a disk that contains mpeg files...............
This is different, mpeg is a convoluted format, with many
variations.
Place disk in tray.
Double click "My Computer"
Locate and double-click the drive in which you placed disk.
It will open as a folder view, listing contents.
Double-click one of the mpeg files.
WMP will open and try to play the file.
If an error occurs........
Close WMP
Now place cursor on one of the files and RIGHT click,
Select from the menu "Open with"
A list of possible media players will hopefully be now listed.
Ensure "always open with etc" is NOT selected.
Now try each media player until successful.

This is of course not taking into account codecs etc.

> Can someone please tell me of a good VCD file reader.

mohammed patel

It is a cd with 6 files with extensions of vcd. One file has the extesion
dat

"Frank S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d5ssgr$nl0$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...

> "pate2010" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I have been given a cd which contains files in VCD format.

> Is it a VCD? Or a CD-R that contains mpeg video clips?
> If it is a VCD, you are almost certain to have a media player
> installed that will play the disk, trial and error -simple.
> But, If it is a disk that contains mpeg files...............
> This is different, mpeg is a convoluted format, with many
> variations.
> Place disk in tray.
> Double click "My Computer"
> Locate and double-click the drive in which you placed disk.
> It will open as a folder view, listing contents.
> Double-click one of the mpeg files.
> WMP will open and try to play the file.
> If an error occurs........
> Close WMP
> Now place cursor on one of the files and RIGHT click,
> Select from the menu "Open with"
> A list of possible media players will hopefully be now listed.
> Ensure "always open with etc" is NOT selected.
> Now try each media player until successful.
>
> This is of course not taking into account codecs etc.
>

> > Can someone please tell me of a good VCD file reader.

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
pate2010 took 7 lines to utter:

>I have been given a cd which contains files in VCD format.
>
>Can someone please tell me of a good VCD file reader.

Ask the person who gave you the CD exactly what format
they are in.
http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=vcd

--
Basic computer maintenance

Frank S

"mohammed patel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Hkqge.916$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is a cd with 6 files with extensions of vcd. One file has the extesion
> dat

Lesson No1
Please do not top post.

You supply very little info, so we will try guessing:
It is a VCD
Have you attempted to play it?
Do you receive any error messages?
What media players are installed on your PC?
Have you tried playing the disk in any other
media player? ie: Nero, Roxio, Realplayer etc etc
What operating system?
Can you play other media type files on your PC?

mohammed patel wrote:
> It is a cd with 6 files with extensions of vcd. One file has the extesion
> dat

The VCD standard should have three or more folder normally.
CDI
MPEGAV
VCD

In the MPEGAV folder there should be one or more *.DAT files, which
contain the actual video. Once again assuming Windows, if you explore
the CD, navigate to the MPEGAV folder and right-click on the DAT file
choosing open with (say) WMP, then the file should play OK.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

vsim-vcd-3228 Error vcd simulation neo_anderson VHDL 0 01-10-2008 12:46 PM
VCD file format Neil Zanella VHDL 3 06-13-2006 10:12 PM
VCD format with Modelsim loli_pardo@hotmail.com VHDL 3 10-04-2005 12:11 PM
Re: PowerPoint to VCD format Jane_ly33@yahoo.com Computer Support 0 01-04-2005 05:27 AM
vcd to dvd format greg Computer Support 5 07-12-2004 04:41 PM

Advertisments