Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ZoneAlarm uninst

ZoneAlarm uninst

anOLDun

Lo All
O's = WinME

Tried to remove ZoneAlarm from my pc via "add/remove programes" but it
wasn't in there.

Tried to remove it via it's own uninstall programme but it halted with error
message "unable to close down true vector monitor please close open
programme".

I closed all programmes that didn't need to be running but it still said
"unable to close down true vector monitor ...."

So i manualy deleted Zone Alarm and did a "search" and deleted all the
ZoneAlarm files/folders etc.

Tried to re -install Z.A. and now i get an error message saying:-

"Setup is unable to shut down the TrueVector service. Install cannot
continue without shutting down the TrueVector service.
Please use the "service manager" to shut down the TrueVector service and
then restart the
installer program"

I think it wants me to shut down the "TrueVector service" ))))))))))

Well.......what is it.......how do i shut it down ...and what is the
"service manager"??

Many thanks

Toolman Tim

"anOLDun" <anoldun@invalid_homecall.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lo All
> O's = WinME
>
> Tried to remove ZoneAlarm from my pc via "add/remove programes" but it
> wasn't in there.
>
> Tried to remove it via it's own uninstall programme but it halted with
> error
> message "unable to close down true vector monitor please close open
> programme".
>
> I closed all programmes that didn't need to be running but it still said
> "unable to close down true vector monitor ...."
>
> So i manualy deleted Zone Alarm and did a "search" and deleted all the
> ZoneAlarm files/folders etc.
>
> Tried to re -install Z.A. and now i get an error message saying:-
>
> "Setup is unable to shut down the TrueVector service. Install cannot
> continue without shutting down the TrueVector service.
> Please use the "service manager" to shut down the TrueVector service
> and
> then restart the
> installer program"
>
> I think it wants me to shut down the "TrueVector service" ))))))))))
>
> Well.......what is it.......how do i shut it down ...and what is the
> "service manager"??
>
> Many thanks

Dude...check the time and date on your PC.

And - what is your OS? In XP, the service manager is easiest to get to by
right-clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage". Go to the bottom of
the left pane - Services and Applications, click the plus sign, click on
Services. Stop the TrueVector service (on the left) by right-clicking on it,
then select "Stop" from the menu.

SgtMinor

anOLDun wrote:
> Lo All
> O's = WinME
>
> Tried to remove ZoneAlarm from my pc via "add/remove programes" but it
> wasn't in there.
>
> Tried to remove it via it's own uninstall programme but it halted with error
> message "unable to close down true vector monitor please close open
> programme".
>
> I closed all programmes that didn't need to be running but it still said
> "unable to close down true vector monitor ...."
>
> So i manualy deleted Zone Alarm and did a "search" and deleted all the
> ZoneAlarm files/folders etc.
>
> Tried to re -install Z.A. and now i get an error message saying:-
>
> "Setup is unable to shut down the TrueVector service. Install cannot
> continue without shutting down the TrueVector service.
> Please use the "service manager" to shut down the TrueVector service and
> then restart the
> installer program"
>
> I think it wants me to shut down the "TrueVector service" ))))))))))
>
> Well.......what is it.......how do i shut it down ...and what is the
> "service manager"??
>
> Many thanks

ZoneAlarm comes with its own uninstall program. ZA specifically
recommends not using the 'add/remove programs' feature of windows.
Download the appropriate user guide from:
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...p?lid=zasupp_n
and search for the phrase "uninstall" for more info.

Jim Byrd

Hi OLD - Follow the directions here:
http://nh2.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...tallNonNT.html

One FYI - IIRC, those directions don't state it explicitly, but
when you go to do the uninstall step, use the /clean parameter, as in:

E:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe /clean

--
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

"anOLDun" <anoldun@invalid_homecall.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Lo All
> O's = WinME
>
> Tried to remove ZoneAlarm from my pc via "add/remove programes" but it
> wasn't in there.
>
> Tried to remove it via it's own uninstall programme but it halted
> with error message "unable to close down true vector monitor please
> close open programme".
>
> I closed all programmes that didn't need to be running but it still
> said "unable to close down true vector monitor ...."
>
> So i manualy deleted Zone Alarm and did a "search" and deleted all the
> ZoneAlarm files/folders etc.
>
> Tried to re -install Z.A. and now i get an error message saying:-
>
> "Setup is unable to shut down the TrueVector service. Install cannot
> continue without shutting down the TrueVector service.
> Please use the "service manager" to shut down the TrueVector
> service and then restart the
> installer program"
>
> I think it wants me to shut down the "TrueVector service"
>
> Well.......what is it.......how do i shut it down ...and what is the
> "service manager"??
>
> Many thanks

Cisco VPN client, ZoneAlarm, TrueVector Walter Roberson Cisco 0 04-24-2005 04:29 PM
vpn through zonealarm Ste Cisco 1 02-05-2005 06:11 PM
Removing/uninst'ng old apps in list Morph Computer Information 2 01-11-2005 04:39 AM
ZoneAlarm (Basic) and ICS in Windows XP Andrew Johnson Wireless Networking 2 09-11-2004 03:11 PM
ZoneAlarm Causes Session Problems Jeff S ASP .Net 2 01-20-2004 05:25 AM

Advertisments