Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB connect two computers?

USB connect two computers?

Dugie

I have a USB cable with identical ends. E.g.., both ends are able to fit
into the PC's USB port.

Does this qualify as a special cable to connect two computers?

Thanks
Dugie

Toolman Tim

"Dugie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Bnufe.9721$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a USB cable with identical ends. E.g.., both ends are able to fit
> into the PC's USB port.
>
> Does this qualify as a special cable to connect two computers?
>
> Thanks
> Dugie

Nope.

Parko

Dugie wrote with a thumbnail dipped in tar:

> I have a USB cable with identical ends. E.g.., both ends are able to fit
> into the PC's USB port.
>
> Does this qualify as a special cable to connect two computers?
>
> Thanks
> Dugie

Yup. With the right drivers and OS.
"Prolific manufacture a range of USB chips, including the PL2301 and PL2302
devices that allow two USB host controllers to be linked, providing a
simple point to point link at up to 5Mbps. This driver supports both PL2301
andPL2302 chips.

Aserton, Bencent, Butterfly, Camtel, Longshine, Prolific, Share Plus, SIIG,
StarMount, Swann, Univex, USBdevices and VVMer cables are all known to use
the PL2301 or PL2302 chips. Entrega, Xircom and Belkin adapters do not use
Prolific chips and are not supported by this driver."

http://www.usbman.com/linuxusb.htm

--
Parko
Registered Linux User #339345

astonlaw astonlaw is offline
Junior Member

Hi, do you have any idea where to get a usb cable that has identical ends if so please tell me where
Thanks