Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Tcp/ip not working/configured

Tcp/ip not working/configured

hugh pearce

Hello

I've just run whoami utility trying to faultfind why I cannot access the
internet but can access network PCs. DNS Internal IPs are ok and I can Ping
ok using 127.o.o.1 loopback etc but its reporting TCP/IP not setup or
configured properly and under external IP is says 'not found'
I'm on broadband using a router/ADSL modem

I've ptried reinstalling TCP/IP with no luck

Any suggestions : would an over the top reinstall of w2000 help? (if it can
be done)

Hugh

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

hugh pearce wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've just run whoami utility trying to faultfind why I cannot access the
> internet but can access network PCs. DNS Internal IPs are ok and I can Ping
> ok using 127.o.o.1 loopback etc but its reporting TCP/IP not setup or
> configured properly and under external IP is says 'not found'
> I'm on broadband using a router/ADSL modem
>
> I've ptried reinstalling TCP/IP with no luck
>
> Any suggestions : would an over the top reinstall of w2000 help? (if it can
> be done)

Trying to figure this out, you are getting Page Not Found errors? Try
running one of the IP repair programs, like:
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

hugh pearce

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Trying to figure this out, you are getting Page Not Found errors? Try
> running one of the IP repair programs, like:
> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

tried this and it returns a 'lsp-fix integer value not valid' error
indicating a winsock error
anybody got any ideas where I go from here?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On Sun, 8 May 2005 21:18:32 +0100, "hugh pearce"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>"Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|>> Trying to figure this out, you are getting Page Not Found errors? Try
|>> running one of the IP repair programs, like:
|>> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

|>tried this and it returns a 'lsp-fix integer value not valid' error
|>indicating a winsock error
|>anybody got any ideas where I go from here?

Might try:
netsh int ip reset logfile.txt

For XP, but for this command the same for WK2:

Hate K-CSC -- Duane ;-\)

"hugh pearce" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1115584997.9f28822b6a4480cfd1a44a671ca260b3@t eranews...

> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Trying to figure this out, you are getting Page Not Found errors? Try
>> running one of the IP repair programs, like:
>> http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

> tried this and it returns a 'lsp-fix integer value not valid' error
> indicating a winsock error
> anybody got any ideas where I go from here?

You can try some other ones.

Duane