Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express problem and can't access Compusa website or see images in their email

Outlook Express problem and can't access Compusa website or see images in their email

George

I am using Outlook express 6 to read news groups. There are several
newsgroups that will show unread messages in the folder list but when I open
the folder I can not find any unread messages.

I am having a problem with Compusa's email and web site. In their email I
can't see any images. When I try to access their web site I get: The page
cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need
to adjust your browser settings. I don't have this probelm and I have
checked my settings but can't find anything that helps.
George in Las Vegas.

ftran999

"George" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I am using Outlook express 6 to read news groups. There are several
>newsgroups that will show unread messages in the folder list but when I
>open the folder I can not find any unread messages.
>
> I am having a problem with Compusa's email and web site. In their email I
> can't see any images. When I try to access their web site I get: The page
> cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
> The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need
> to adjust your browser settings. I don't have this probelm and I have
> checked my settings but can't find anything that helps.
> George in Las Vegas.

Are you using SP2 for XP. If you are sp2 by default uses more strict
security precuations in Outlook Express. This may be causing your problem
with Compusa.
You need to click on Tools, scroll down to and click options and click the
security tab. Make sure the box next to "Block images and other external
content in HTML email is unchecked.

George

> Are you using SP2 for XP. If you are sp2 by default uses more strict
> security precuations in Outlook Express. This may be causing your problem
> with Compusa.
> You need to click on Tools, scroll down to and click options and click the
> security tab. Make sure the box next to "Block images and other external
> content in HTML email is unchecked.

My mistake, I am using Outlook 2003 SP3 for email.
George in Las Vegas