Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > trojan/virus removal

trojan/virus removal

twitchy

I have a home page hijacker, i can find it with Hijack this and when i check
the boxes next to the ones i want to remove and then click to remove or fix
it the offending programs are removed, reeboot and it is back. does anyone
know the name of this virus/trojan. Here is the home page it takes me to
(http://www.klikfeed.com/search.php?aff=458
by the way ad aware or my up to date norton antivirus can't detect or remove
it.
Thanks

Ionizer

"twitchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZL1fe.40291$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>I have a home page hijacker, i can find it with Hijack this and when i
>check
> the boxes next to the ones i want to remove and then click to remove
> or fix
> it the offending programs are removed, reeboot and it is back. does
> anyone
> know the name of this virus/trojan. Here is the home page it takes me
>
> by the way ad aware or my up to date norton antivirus can't detect or
> remove
> it.
> Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...tml#entry66635

pcbutts1

Post your HijackThis log so we can see it.

"twitchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZL1fe.40291$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>I have a home page hijacker, i can find it with Hijack this and when i
>check
> the boxes next to the ones i want to remove and then click to remove or
> fix
> it the offending programs are removed, reeboot and it is back. does anyone
> know the name of this virus/trojan. Here is the home page it takes me to
> (http://www.klikfeed.com/search.php?aff=458
> by the way ad aware or my up to date norton antivirus can't detect or
> remove
> it.
> Thanks

twitchy

I've looked through my registry and can't find any of the values mentioned
in the link?
"Ionizer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "twitchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ZL1fe.40291$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> >I have a home page hijacker, i can find it with Hijack this and when i
> >check
> > the boxes next to the ones i want to remove and then click to remove
> > or fix
> > it the offending programs are removed, reeboot and it is back. does
> > anyone
> > know the name of this virus/trojan. Here is the home page it takes me
> >
> > by the way ad aware or my up to date norton antivirus can't detect or
> > remove
> > it.
> > Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...com_and_Backdo
orHaxdoorD_Analysis-tx10501-0.html#entry66635

thefriend

Run Nav again then run your spyware a few times and that might do the
trick.
But Update nav and your spyware first.

Sometimes you have to run the spyware a few times to get rid of a
highjacker.

Dynamic instantiation/removal of TB components? jjohnson@cs.ucf.edu VHDL 2 08-18-2005 09:02 AM
Duplicate bookmark removal in firefox tmt Firefox 2 05-12-2005 02:46 PM
Removal from host of a Wireless network place (other computer) =?Utf-8?B?c3N0YW5qYg==?= Wireless Networking 2 04-08-2005 02:52 PM
Search engine removal Trev67 Firefox 4 02-15-2005 07:55 PM
Removal of plugins from Mozilla's browser Adam Smith Firefox 2 12-11-2004 10:31 PM

Advertisments