Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Video cards........ack

Video cards........ack

PIPER

Ok, I am in the market for a new video card. I have a 2.6ghz , 1 gig of ram
and a nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 64mb video card.i want to get a 128.The thing
is i bought my computer at best buy and have a warranty . So it would be
best if i bought the card with them as not to mess up the warranty.I was
told by a friend that he got a gfx 5200 for around 80. I found these two
online and wanted your opinions. thanks
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1077627694761

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...P=OTC-CNETFEED

Jamco

I don't know about where you are, but in Canada best buy is one of the most
expensive places to buy computers/video cards.

I would recommend buying the video card from a smaller computer store.
Probably get it a lot cheaper.
Just pop out the old one and snap in the new one, (its like lego) keep the
old one and if you ever have any warrenty issues, but the old one back in

"PIPER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6_Oee.7760$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Ok, I am in the market for a new video card. I have a 2.6ghz , 1 gig of
> ram
> and a nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 64mb video card.i want to get a 128.The
> thing
> is i bought my computer at best buy and have a warranty . So it would be
> best if i bought the card with them as not to mess up the warranty.I was
> told by a friend that he got a gfx 5200 for around 80. I found these two
> online and wanted your opinions. thanks
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1077627694761
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...P=OTC-CNETFEED

James

"PIPER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6_Oee.7760$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Ok, I am in the market for a new video card. I have a 2.6ghz , 1 gig of
> ram
> and a nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 64mb video card.i want to get a 128.The
> thing
> is i bought my computer at best buy and have a warranty . So it would be
> best if i bought the card with them as not to mess up the warranty.I was
> told by a friend that he got a gfx 5200 for around 80. I found these two
> online and wanted your opinions. thanks
> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1077627694761
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...P=OTC-CNETFEED

Pls note that if the only reason you want a 256 or 128mb card is because its
going to be "super wooo fast fast fast", note that unless the game you are
playing specifically uses all that memory, it's not going to make a blind
bit of difference. Its the cards mhz speed you want to keep an eye on.