Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installed second HD and then--NO CDs

Installed second HD and then--NO CDs

CarlO

It took me a week to get the settings, wires, software, configure and then
partition the thing, a Seagate, and thanks to their web site software it's
done...BUT then I've lost my contact to my CD Drives. I had one set as a
secondary master and the other a RW as a secondary slave. They worked before
and I believe they still work now but I need to see them to make them work
for me. (Sounds like a lesson in life if you ask me. )

Help me, please.

carl o

Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV

CarlO wrote:
> It took me a week to get the settings, wires, software, configure and
> then partition the thing, a Seagate, and thanks to their web site
> software it's done...BUT then I've lost my contact to my CD Drives. I
> had one set as a secondary master and the other a RW as a secondary
> slave. They worked before and I believe they still work now but I
> need to see them to make them work for me. (Sounds like a lesson in
> life if you ask me. )
>
> Help me, please.
>
> carl o

Hmmm. Maybe you could try to install Service Pak 2. If that doesn't help,
check the jumper settings on the drives.
--
- Frank DeLucca -

MS-MPV

Walter Mautner

CarlO wrote:

> It took me a week to get the settings, wires, software, configure and then
> partition the thing, a Seagate, and thanks to their web site software it's
> done...BUT then I've lost my contact to my CD Drives. I had one set as a
> secondary master and the other a RW as a secondary slave. They worked
> before and I believe they still work now but I need to see them to make
> them work for me. (Sounds like a lesson in life if you ask me. )

Assuming you use XP, you will have to take a peek at the manglement.
Right-click on the workplace symbol - management, and from the tree left
chose "drive management" or similar (German linux desktop here, so I can't
help you with the exact phrase). Change the driveletters to something not
yet occupied.
If you don't find your cd drives, double-check the cable from the 2nd ide
channel to them. Do they eject when the button is pressed?

*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

Parko

Walter Mautner wrote with a thumbnail dipped in tar:

> Assuming you use XP, you will have to take a peek at the manglement.

<chuckles> Most appropriate.
--
Parko
Registered Linux User #339345