Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > - Temporary Internet Files

- Temporary Internet Files

mary wei

Hello Everybody,

Where are the temporary internet files stored in Windows XP? In
Windows ME there were several folders in Windows where temporary files
were stored, but I can't find those same folders in Windows XP.
Please help.

Thanks!

Demmpa

mary wei wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> Where are the temporary internet files stored in Windows XP? In
> Windows ME there were several folders in Windows where temporary files
> were stored, but I can't find those same folders in Windows XP.
> Please help.
>
> Thanks!

if you go to IE - "Internet Options" - General - Settings
you will see where they are located.

--
/
Demmpa

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

mary wei wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> Where are the temporary internet files stored in Windows XP? In
> Windows ME there were several folders in Windows where temporary files
> were stored, but I can't find those same folders in Windows XP.
> Please help.
>
> Thanks!

You'll need to be able to view hidden and system files:

C:\documents and settings\your user name\local settings\temporary
internet files

If all you're wanting to do is clear them out, do that from Control
Panel > Internet Options

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
mary wei took 8 lines to utter:

>Hello Everybody,
>
>Where are the temporary internet files stored in Windows XP? In
>Windows ME there were several folders in Windows where temporary files
>were stored, but I can't find those same folders in Windows XP.
>Please help.
>
>Thanks!

They are usually in '<%USERPROFILE%>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files'

In a default system, that would be:

'c:\documents and settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files'

But you can check by going to Control Panel / Internet Options
On the General tab, under the 'Temporary Internet Files' section,
press the 'Settings' button and the 'Current Location' will be shown.

--
Basic computer maintenance

dancecommander81@hotmail.com

If you click 'start' then 'run' or press windows key and R. Type %temp%
and press return or click Ok. In the folder that opens you should see a
Temporary Internet Files folder. Hope this helps.

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) took 4 lines to utter:

>If you click 'start' then 'run' or press windows key and R. Type %temp%
>and press return or click Ok. In the folder that opens you should see a
>Temporary Internet Files folder. Hope this helps.

Nope. This calls up the system TEMP folder, an altogether
different beast.

--
Basic computer maintenance

cineman

Click start, search, all files and folders, type in the word
temp
this will display temporary folders for all users .

"mary wei" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Everybody,
>
> Where are the temporary internet files stored in Windows XP? In
> Windows ME there were several folders in Windows where temporary files
> were stored, but I can't find those same folders in Windows XP.
> Please help.
>
> Thanks!

Charlie Evans

This is how I do it. Right click on start, left click on explore. left
click on Local Settings and they should be there. History Folder, Temp
Folder and Temporary Internet Folder and some others. If the Local
settings Folder is not shown, then
while you are right there, click on tools, folder options and then view.
Make sure that " show hidden files and folders" is selected. It works for
me...

news:0W9ee.26405$(E-Mail Removed) k...