Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > lavalife

lavalife

calgaryNW

I was doing a search for gif's in my HD, and came across "lavalife" stuff
in a folder that seems to have a root "com" (not c:\)

It seems to relate to some chat client.

how do I clean this junk out (XP pro, all latest upgrades)

I know, I know, shoundn't have gone there in the first place

°Mike°

In <Xns964B7B931CFD7calgaryNWcanadacom@24.71.223.159> ,
calgaryNW took 9 lines to utter:

>I was doing a search for gif's in my HD, and came across "lavalife" stuff
>in a folder that seems to have a root "com" (not c:\)
>
>It seems to relate to some chat client.
>
>how do I clean this junk out (XP pro, all latest upgrades)
>
>I know, I know, shoundn't have gone there in the first place

What folder did you find this stuff in?

--
Basic computer maintenance

SgtMinor

°Mike° wrote:

> In <Xns964B7B931CFD7calgaryNWcanadacom@24.71.223.159> ,
> calgaryNW took 9 lines to utter:
>
>>I was doing a search for gif's in my HD, and came across "lavalife" stuff
>>in a folder that seems to have a root "com" (not c:\)
>>
>>It seems to relate to some chat client.
>>
>>how do I clean this junk out (XP pro, all latest upgrades)
>>
>>I know, I know, shoundn't have gone there in the first place

> What folder did you find this stuff in?

It's how neville found his girl friend:

http://www.lavalife.com/124/guest/we...xt=antt&a=3437

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
SgtMinor took 20 lines to utter:

>°Mike° wrote:
>
>> In <Xns964B7B931CFD7calgaryNWcanadacom@24.71.223.159> ,
>> calgaryNW took 9 lines to utter:
>>
>>>I was doing a search for gif's in my HD, and came across "lavalife" stuff
>>>in a folder that seems to have a root "com" (not c:\)
>>>
>>>It seems to relate to some chat client.
>>>
>>>how do I clean this junk out (XP pro, all latest upgrades)
>>>
>>>I know, I know, shoundn't have gone there in the first place

>> What folder did you find this stuff in?
>>

>It's how neville found his girl friend:
>
>http://www.lavalife.com/124/guest/we...xt=antt&a=3437

Ahh. I see.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Oldus Fartus

calgaryNW wrote:
> I was doing a search for gif's in my HD, and came across "lavalife" stuff
> in a folder that seems to have a root "com" (not c:\)
>
> It seems to relate to some chat client.
>
> how do I clean this junk out (XP pro, all latest upgrades)
>
> I know, I know, shoundn't have gone there in the first place

Are you sure you read the name correctly, and it is not
http://www.lavalys.com/ ? Have you downloaded and run Everest?

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus