Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with System Restore (WIN XP Pro)

Problem with System Restore (WIN XP Pro)

Jimmy Dean

When I click on a restore point and click Next, nothing happens.

Same in Safe Mode.

Otherwise, my system appears to run well and is stable.

Cleaned with Ad-Aware, SpyBot, Norton AntiVirus - latest definitions

Any clues?

thanx

jd

x@y

"Jimmy Dean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> When I click on a restore point and click Next, nothing happens.
>
> Same in Safe Mode.
>
> Otherwise, my system appears to run well and is stable.
>
> Cleaned with Ad-Aware, SpyBot, Norton AntiVirus - latest definitions
>
> Any clues?
>
> thanx
>
> jd

Hi Jimmy,

Her is a ( FAQ ) Website about System Restore.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../faqsrwxp.mspx

Hope it will help, x@y.

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Jimmy Dean took 13 lines to utter:

>When I click on a restore point and click Next, nothing happens.
>
>Same in Safe Mode.
>
>Otherwise, my system appears to run well and is stable.
>
>Cleaned with Ad-Aware, SpyBot, Norton AntiVirus - latest definitions
>
>Any clues?
>
>thanx
>
>jd

Make sure that System Restore is running in the services,
and is set to automatic:

Start / Run / services.msc

Then make sure that System Restore is enabled for
each drive:

Control Panel / System ... System Restore.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jimmy Dean

On Tue, 3 May 2005 12:17:35 -0500, "x@y" <(E-Mail Removed)>> wrote:
>Hi Jimmy,
>
>Her is a ( FAQ ) Website about System Restore.
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../faqsrwxp.mspx
>
>Hope it will help, x@y.

Thanx x@y.

jd

Jimmy Dean

On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:47:00 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>Make sure that System Restore is running in the services,
>and is set to automatic:

Yes it was, and was started.

>Start / Run / services.msc
>
>Then make sure that System Restore is enabled for
>each drive:
>
>Control Panel / System ... System Restore.

Hmmm, when I go to System Restore setting it shows the Automatic
Updates dialogue. I'd say this has something to do with the problem.

thanx for your help

jd

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Jimmy Dean took 20 lines to utter:

>On Tue, 03 May 2005 18:47:00 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>>Make sure that System Restore is running in the services,
>>and is set to automatic:

>Yes it was, and was started.
>
>>Start / Run / services.msc
>>
>>Then make sure that System Restore is enabled for
>>each drive:
>>
>>Control Panel / System ... System Restore.

>Hmmm, when I go to System Restore setting it shows the Automatic
>Updates dialogue. I'd say this has something to do with the problem.
>
>thanx for your help

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance