Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Multitrack sound card

Multitrack sound card

RobMasters

I am looking for the right multitrack sound card to use for recording. I
have a Dell dimension 3000. I am putting multiple voice overlays on music.
I am looking for best quality, most tracks and lowest price.

George A Hamilton

"RobMasters" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) lkaboutcomputing.com...
>I am looking for the right multitrack sound card to use for recording.
> have a Dell dimension 3000. I am putting multiple voice overlays on
> music.
> I am looking for best quality, most tracks and lowest price.

If you can record each voice track individually, then any sound card
would do (although, quality may suffer). All you would need would be
some muli-track recording software. (Cubase, cakewalk etc). If you must
record them together, then the Audiophile, which start at <100 (UK)
would be a good bet. These all allow muli-track, and off 24 bit/96khz
recording (which gives FAR better quality). Check www.soundcontrol.co.uk
if you are in the UK.

George