Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SURVEY: How Much RAM Do You Have?

SURVEY: How Much RAM Do You Have?

Julie P.

I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so easy to
install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.

I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought two
more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this enough? Or
should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.

I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so I
can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority complex since I
only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac SE until late 2000. So
now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since I have more money. So
can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?

Thanks!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Julie P. wrote:
> I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so easy to
> install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
>
> I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought two
> more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this enough? Or
> should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
>
> I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so I
> can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority complex since I
> only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac SE until late 2000. So
> now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since I have more money. So
> can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?

I don't have enough RAM. I need a girl with money.

Julie P.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Julie P. wrote:
>> I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so easy
>> to install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
>>
>> I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought two
>> more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this enough? Or
>> should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
>>
>> I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so
>> I can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority complex
>> since I only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac SE until
>> late 2000. So now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since I have
>> more money. So can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?

> I don't have enough RAM. I need a girl with money.

LOL! Wow! Usually posts here don't make me laugh at all.

J.

WormWood

"Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so
>easy to install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
>
> I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought
> two more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this
> enough? Or should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
>
> I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure,
> so I can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority
> complex since I only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac
> SE until late 2000. So now I want to at least keep up with the Jones'
> since I have more money. So can you respond with the amount of RAM you
> currently have?
>
> Thanks!

I have one Ram......and 27 Ewes. It's enough.
--
NZ, here we come!

Blinky the Shark

Julie P. wrote:

> I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so I

There's no way *most* have that much.

> can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?

512MB.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

philo

Rgr wrote:
> Julie P. wrote:
>
>> I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so
>> easy to install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
>>
>> I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought
>> two more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this
>> enough? Or should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
>>
>> I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure,
>> so I can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority
>> complex since I only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac
>> SE until late 2000. So now I want to at least keep up with the Jones'
>> since I have more money. So can you respond with the amount of RAM you
>> currently have?

> I don't have enough RAM. I need a girl with money.

512megs is enough for general usage...
if you use photoshop or do video editing 1 -2 gigs or more may be justified

Unk

On Mon, 2 May 2005 20:36:48 -0400, "Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have been on an upgrade kick recently since I discovered it was so easy to
>install my CD-RW drive by myself. Next is RAM.
>
>I currently have 512 MB PC2700 DDR SD-RAM at 333 MHz, and just bought two
>more 512 sticks, making for a total of 1,536 MB RAM. Is this enough? Or
>should I keep buying more sticks? I can expand up to 4 GB.
>
>I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so I
>can know if my computer is up-to-date. I have an inferiority complex since I
>only had a Pentium I until just last year, and a Mac SE until late 2000. So
>now I want to at least keep up with the Jones' since I have more money. So
>can you respond with the amount of RAM you currently have?
>
>Thanks!

Funny thing about Windows: No matter how much RAM you put in, when you bootup, you hear this
tiny little voice saying, "moooorrrreee"
I also haveThree DDR512 PC333 sticks.

Blinky the Shark

WormWood wrote:

> I have one Ram......and 27 Ewes. It's enough.

Sounds like that ram's pretty ewesful.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Julie P.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Julie P. wrote:
>
>> I assume most of you have at least 2 GB of RAM, but I want to be sure, so

> There's no way *most* have that much.

ok, I guess I was just so used to be being behind the times, that I just
assumed most people had more than me.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Julie P. wrote:

> LOL! Wow! Usually posts here don't make me laugh at all.

Okay, I made you laugh. So, can we get together?