Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Need router with upload throttling

Need router with upload throttling

Om_Audio

I need a good router whih will allow upload bandwidth throttling as an
absolute value- not a percentage.
I will install it at a company where they will be uploading films to an ftp
and while this is happening I do not want the downloads/browsing/email to
become slow or interrupted. Someone mentioned that QOS is designed for this
but I know nothing about it.

I also need a good web interface and remote administration capabilities.
Most already offer this but I am looking for real-world experience with more
pro level units.

Thanks a lot,

pcbutts1

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/....htm#wp1024961

"Om_Audio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need a good router whih will allow upload bandwidth throttling as an
> absolute value- not a percentage.
> I will install it at a company where they will be uploading films to an
> ftp
> and while this is happening I do not want the downloads/browsing/email to
> become slow or interrupted. Someone mentioned that QOS is designed for
> this
> but I know nothing about it.
>
> I also need a good web interface and remote administration capabilities.
> Most already offer this but I am looking for real-world experience with
> more
> pro level units.
>
> Thanks a lot,

Om_Audio

Thanks

news:rYAde.521$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q316666
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/....htm#wp1024961

> "Om_Audio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I need a good router whih will allow upload bandwidth throttling as an
> > absolute value- not a percentage.
> > I will install it at a company where they will be uploading films to an
> > ftp
> > and while this is happening I do not want the downloads/browsing/email

> > become slow or interrupted. Someone mentioned that QOS is designed for
> > this
> > but I know nothing about it.
> >
> > I also need a good web interface and remote administration capabilities.
> > Most already offer this but I am looking for real-world experience with
> > more
> > pro level units.
> >
> > Thanks a lot,

Todd

Not professional but very good. It will run on an old PC with 2 NICs
beautifuly.

Monowall
http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/

http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/

The only reason mine hasnt been up longer than 29 days is because I have
been testing their beta code. Simple, stable, and will do just what you
need it to do.

It takes some messing with to understand the pipes and ques and rules, but
after that you dont need to mess with it.

Good Luck.

"Om_Audio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need a good router whih will allow upload bandwidth throttling as an
> absolute value- not a percentage.
> I will install it at a company where they will be uploading films to an

ftp
> and while this is happening I do not want the downloads/browsing/email to
> become slow or interrupted. Someone mentioned that QOS is designed for

this
> but I know nothing about it.
>
> I also need a good web interface and remote administration capabilities.
> Most already offer this but I am looking for real-world experience with

more
> pro level units.
>
> Thanks a lot,

Todd

Monowall (google it)

The only reason mine hasnt been up longer than 29 days is because I have
been testing their beta code. Simple, stable, and will do just what you
need it to do.

It takes some messing with to understand the pipes and ques and rules, but
after that you dont need to mess with it.

Good Luck.

"Om_Audio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need a good router whih will allow upload bandwidth throttling as an
> absolute value- not a percentage.
> I will install it at a company where they will be uploading films to an

ftp
> and while this is happening I do not want the downloads/browsing/email to
> become slow or interrupted. Someone mentioned that QOS is designed for

this
> but I know nothing about it.
>
> I also need a good web interface and remote administration capabilities.
> Most already offer this but I am looking for real-world experience with

more
> pro level units.
>
> Thanks a lot,

bandbith throttling using router TSB Computer Support 9 05-27-2006 11:11 PM
throttling on cisco 2600 tony Cisco 1 03-09-2005 03:00 PM
Bandwidth Throttling faels Cisco 2 04-02-2004 02:37 AM
Throttling specific IPs & Ports Aaron Cisco 1 02-05-2004 10:25 PM
Using a Cisco router as a throttling bridge? Joe Drago Cisco 2 11-12-2003 11:41 PM

Advertisments