Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Xvid ...Avi

Xvid ...Avi

DRVNGUY

What is the best method to add these files to a cdr/cdrw ?..I have tried
converting to vcd or svcd but failed .Is there a program that adds xvid
(mpg4) directly to a disk .I have a player that plays xvid format ..thanks

Ionizer

"DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the best method to add these files to a cdr/cdrw ?..I have
> tried
> converting to vcd or svcd but failed .Is there a program that adds
> xvid
> (mpg4) directly to a disk .I have a player that plays xvid format
> ..thanks

Just burn a "data" disk.

--
Ian.

DRVNGUY

Tried that but nero crashes and tells me it needs to close ?..weird ?
"Ionizer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What is the best method to add these files to a cdr/cdrw ?..I have tried
>> converting to vcd or svcd but failed .Is there a program that adds xvid
>> (mpg4) directly to a disk .I have a player that plays xvid format
>> ..thanks

> Just burn a "data" disk.
>
> --
> Ian.

Aquanaut

"DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the best method to add these files to a cdr/cdrw ?..I have tried
> converting to vcd or svcd but failed .Is there a program that adds xvid
> (mpg4) directly to a disk .I have a player that plays xvid format ..thanks

What happens when you burn an image?(use the nero function)
Always found that to be my best route to quality copies
burn your cd/dvd etc from the image

DRVNGUY

I got it now ...thanks
"Aquanaut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fBxde.598$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What is the best method to add these files to a cdr/cdrw ?..I have tried
>> converting to vcd or svcd but failed .Is there a program that adds xvid
>> (mpg4) directly to a disk .I have a player that plays xvid format
>> ..thanks
>>

> What happens when you burn an image?(use the nero function)
> Always found that to be my best route to quality copies
> burn your cd/dvd etc from the image

DRVNGUY

Thought i had it ..just made 2 coasters from cdr ..
i get to 100% complete burn ..than it freezes and sais...could not preform
fixation '

burn proccess failed

scsi command aborted
"DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got it now ...thanks
> "Aquanaut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fBxde.598$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> What is the best method to add these files to a cdr/cdrw ?..I have tried
>>> converting to vcd or svcd but failed .Is there a program that adds xvid
>>> (mpg4) directly to a disk .I have a player that plays xvid format
>>> ..thanks
>>>

>> What happens when you burn an image?(use the nero function)
>> Always found that to be my best route to quality copies
>> burn your cd/dvd etc from the image

Evan Platt

On Mon, 2 May 2005 19:20:03 -0400, "DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Thought i had it ..just made 2 coasters from cdr ..
>i get to 100% complete burn ..than it freezes and sais...could not preform
>fixation '

Googling the correct spelling (Could not perform fixation) shows that
message generally happens with low quality media.

Ionizer

"DRVNGUY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thought i had it ..just made 2 coasters from cdr ..
> i get to 100% complete burn ..than it freezes and sais...could not
> preform fixation '

As Evan suggests, try a different brand of media. And/or also try these
standard recommendations when having burn problems: shut off your
antivirus while burning, don't perform other tasks on the computer
during the burn, and burn at a slower speed.

--
Ian.

xvid Drvnguy Computer Support 1 08-08-2004 10:12 PM
Does the lastest Nero Vision Express support XVID Codec file to make dvd video ? Bun Mui Computer Support 2 08-02-2004 07:53 PM
how to convert AVI file (xvid codec) Gabriel P. Computer Support 2 09-17-2003 05:46 PM
XVID drvnguy Computer Support 4 08-10-2003 07:12 PM
XviD with Gordian Knot Styrbjorn Computer Support 0 06-25-2003 06:23 PM

Advertisments