Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CLONE CD

CLONE CD

F Sutherland

any1 know a good way to clone a game I bought so that I can install it from
the clone? I tried CLONE-CD from SLYSOFT but no good. I put the copy in
the cdrom and it just sits their doing something - wot I don't know. I can
read it...but not install from it.
THe origional starts up right away. Any1 know a way to get around the
PROTECTION?

Mike Easter

F Sutherland wrote:

> any1 know a good way to clone a game I bought so that I can install
> it from the clone?

You need to know the copy protection strategy.

> I tried CLONE-CD from SLYSOFT but no good. I put
> the copy in the cdrom and it just sits their doing something - wot I
> don't know. I can read it...but not install from it.
> THe origional starts up right away. Any1 know a way to get around the
> PROTECTION?

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware...tections.shtml -- CD/DVD
Protections - This page contains a list of all known CD & DVD
Protections which are currently on the market, how they can be detected
and how to by-pass many of them.

\\ There are currently a number of tools which are able to detect which
CD Protection is being used on you original CD's, checkout the CD/DVD
Utilities page to get them! This page also includes tools to create your
own protected data & audio CD's! //

<Disclaimer -- I don't know anything about the information at that site>

The site has information and links about clonecd and its updates.

--
Mike Easter

pcbutts1

First you have to determine what type of protection is on it, using on of
these
http://www.free-downloads.net/progra...ny_XXL_2_0_1_5
http://www.download.com/Custom-Reade...ml?tag=lst-0-1
Then use Alcohol 120% to burn it.
http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/

"F Sutherland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IIcde.520$(E-Mail Removed)...
> any1 know a good way to clone a game I bought so that I can install it
> from the clone? I tried CLONE-CD from SLYSOFT but no good. I put the
> copy in the cdrom and it just sits their doing something - wot I don't
> know. I can read it...but not install from it.
> THe origional starts up right away. Any1 know a way to get around the
> PROTECTION?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On Sun, 1 May 2005 18:28:04 -0400, "F Sutherland"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>any1 know a good way to clone a game I bought so that I can install it from
|>the clone? I tried CLONE-CD from SLYSOFT but no good. I put the copy in
|>the cdrom and it just sits their doing something - wot I don't know. I can
|>read it...but not install from it.
|>THe origional starts up right away. Any1 know a way to get around the
|>PROTECTION?

CloneCD is no long cracking protection, the older versions do, but
protection has improved

They have moved tho, not sure if their producing or not.
http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7947

To clone or not to clone.. lordy Java 3 07-07-2006 04:30 PM
How to: Clone a Hard Drive using Norton Ghost Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 5 06-26-2005 06:02 PM
Re: clone a directory w/ copying its contents Kohn J. Wrahn Perl 0 05-25-2005 04:54 AM
Re: Move a Control to another tabpage or clone it mdb ASP .Net 1 09-13-2004 05:58 PM
Arm clone version 0_8 Konrad Eisele VHDL 0 04-07-2004 03:25 PM

Advertisments