Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > stories

stories

Michael M

Win xp home--- outless express

Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.

How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a setting that
can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?

Thanks,

Michael

Blinky the Shark

Michael M wrote:

> Win xp home--- outless express

> Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.

> How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a setting that
> can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?

No. You're not the server administrator.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Michael M wrote:
> Win xp home--- outless express
>
> Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.
>
> How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a setting that
> can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?

Yes, change to a good news server. Give the people who make it happen
some money, use their server. It's that easy.

Old Gringo

Michael M wrote:
> Win xp home--- outless express
>
> Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.
>
> How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a setting that
> can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Look under tools, options area and set OE to keep the messages
longer. The messages are probably on the server, just not being held
in OE as long as you would like. Good Luck

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

trout

Michael M wrote:

> Win xp home--- outless express
>
> Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.
>
> How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a
> setting that can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

No. But why not just save what you're interested in *locally*?
You can change your Maintenance settings (Tools; Options; Maintenance
tab) to keep local content longer, or create a new folder in OE (call it
something brilliant like "Saved Posts") and use right-click; "Copy to
Folder..." to tuck them away for posterity.
--
You can keep them anywhere, really.

philo

Michael M wrote:
> Win xp home--- outless express
>
> Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.
>
> How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a setting that
> can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

you can always use google groups to read older posts

Michael M

Thanks,

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Michael M wrote:
> Win xp home--- outless express
>
> Stories in newsgroups drop off after about 10 days.
>
> How do I get stories to stay on the server longer? Is there a setting

that
> can be changed to let stories stay on the server longer?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

you can always use google groups to read older posts

dumb computer user stories nerd32768 MCSE 3 01-10-2009 05:43 PM
ASP.NET success stories? DC ASP .Net 9 12-04-2004 07:47 PM
[OT] Free Swingers Search, See Pics, Read Stories, Search Via Zipcode! Joe Deluga Computer Support 0 11-17-2004 05:19 AM
IADs, adsObject and other stories Martin c ASP .Net 1 03-02-2004 02:26 AM
mcse mcsa people stories. =?Utf-8?B?Smlt?= Microsoft Certification 4 02-17-2004 06:41 PM

Advertisments