Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Network password

Network password

Barnze

A mate of mine has just got a 2nd user pc..I have been sorting a few things
out but have come up against..Enter network password when trying to e-mail a
photo off the net....Also sending a link via e mail will bring up the same
thing..the pc is running XP Pro...Any ideas?

Cheers Barnze

--
Keep Smiling & Look after your family

Evan Platt

On Sun, 01 May 2005 15:10:19 GMT, "Barnze" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A mate of mine has just got a 2nd user pc..I have been sorting a few things
>out but have come up against..Enter network password when trying to e-mail a
>photo off the net....Also sending a link via e mail will bring up the same
>thing..the pc is running XP Pro...Any ideas?

What sort of connection? What e-mail program?

Barnze

Broadband..& outlook express.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 01 May 2005 15:10:19 GMT, "Barnze" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>A mate of mine has just got a 2nd user pc..I have been sorting a few
>>things
>>out but have come up against..Enter network password when trying to e-mail
>>photo off the net....Also sending a link via e mail will bring up the same
>>thing..the pc is running XP Pro...Any ideas?

> What sort of connection? What e-mail program?
> --
> To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

°Mike°

In <vj6de.13998$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Barnze took 11 lines to utter:

>A mate of mine has just got a 2nd user pc..I have been sorting a few things
>out but have come up against..Enter network password when trying to e-mail a
>photo off the net....Also sending a link via e mail will bring up the same
>thing..the pc is running XP Pro...Any ideas?
>
>Cheers Barnze

What about some details. Are they networked? How? What OS, etc?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Barnze

It aint networked..It is a stand alone system running XP PRO..but if he
wants to send a link via e-mail up pops the login box for his microsoft
passport info?

Beats me!
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In <vj6de.13998$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Barnze took 11 lines to utter:
>
>>A mate of mine has just got a 2nd user pc..I have been sorting a few
>>things
>>out but have come up against..Enter network password when trying to e-mail
>>photo off the net....Also sending a link via e mail will bring up the same
>>thing..the pc is running XP Pro...Any ideas?
>>
>>Cheers Barnze

> What about some details. Are they networked? How? What OS, etc?
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Where are the details? I refuse to play "ring-a-rosie".

In <xjnde.5889$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Barnze took 26 lines to utter:

>It aint networked..It is a stand alone system running XP PRO..but if he
>wants to send a link via e-mail up pops the login box for his microsoft
>passport info?
>
>Beats me!
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

<snip>