Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Fatal Error

Fatal Error

DD Woodford

When I go to shut-down or restart, I am getting a blue screen fatal error:

A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF03A1DA in VXD uhcd ()1) +
000004BA. The current application will terminate.

I do not know what this means or what it is. Any suggestions? In order to
shut down I have to turn off my power strip, which brings up scan disk
errors on each start up. I have windows98. TIA

DD Woodford

Correction: I mistyped the error message below is the correct one:
A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF03A1DA in VXD uhcd (01) +
000004BA. The current application will terminate.

"DD Woodford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eoVce.1854$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> When I go to shut-down or restart, I am getting a blue screen fatal error:
>
> A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF03A1DA in VXD uhcd ()1) +
> 000004BA. The current application will terminate.
>
> I do not know what this means or what it is. Any suggestions? In order
> to shut down I have to turn off my power strip, which brings up scan disk
> errors on each start up. I have windows98. TIA

Plato

DD Woodford wrote:

> When I go to shut-down or restart, I am getting a blue screen fatal error:
>
> A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF03A1DA in VXD uhcd ()1) +
> 000004BA. The current application will terminate.
>
> I do not know what this means or what it is. Any suggestions? In order to
> shut down I have to turn off my power strip, which brings up scan disk
> errors on each start up. I have windows98. TIA

A couple things to try one is to boot to safe mode and let himem.sys
test your ram. Another is to do a FULL scandisk to check for bad areas
on the drive.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

127.0.0.1

"DD Woodford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eoVce.1854$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> When I go to shut-down or restart, I am getting a blue screen fatal error:
>
> A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF03A1DA in VXD uhcd ()1) +
> 000004BA. The current application will terminate.
>
> I do not know what this means or what it is. Any suggestions? In order
> to shut down I have to turn off my power strip, which brings up scan disk
> errors on each start up. I have windows98. TIA

check your fragmentation

should be in your system drive properties tools defrag.

if the defrag completes, do an online virus scan...

-a|ex

SgtMinor

DD Woodford wrote:

> When I go to shut-down or restart, I am getting a blue screen fatal error:
>
> A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF03A1DA in VXD uhcd ()1) +
> 000004BA. The current application will terminate.
>
> I do not know what this means or what it is. Any suggestions? In order to
> shut down I have to turn off my power strip, which brings up scan disk
> errors on each start up. I have windows98. TIA

""A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:<XXXXXXXX>" error message"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q189655/