Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Filling in scanned form on computer...

Filling in scanned form on computer...

DD

I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer and
save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
would be very welcome.
DD

Bert

On Sun, 01 May 2005 09:49:45 +1000, DD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer and
>save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
>would be very welcome.

A simple way is:
A) Print the form.
B) Fill it in.
C) Scan it again and save/print it.

Somehow I think that is not what you want

Bert

--
if (isfunny(tagline)) steal(); else next_msg();

John R. Baker

You can do that with Adobe Acrobat Professional. It is an expensive
program. There may be other programs that work, that cost less or are free.

You can also do that with Microsoft Access and other programs such as Word,
but you will probably have "alignment" problems.

- John R. Baker

"DD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4274199a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer and
> save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
> would be very welcome.
> DD

Sultan

DD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:4274199a$1
@dnews.tpgi.com.au:

> I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the

computer
> and
> save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
> would be very welcome.
> DD

Print it out and use a typewriter to fill it in. rescan rinse repeat.

--

Sultan

Plato

DD wrote:

> I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer and
> save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
> would be very welcome.

To be honest isn't the best/easist way to simply fill out the form?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

pcbutts1

You need an OCR (optical character recognition) software try this one
http://www.ocr.com/index.shtml

"DD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4274199a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer and save
> / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done would be
> very welcome.
> DD

Plato

pcbutts1 wrote:

> You need an OCR (optical character recognition) software try this one
> http://www.ocr.com/index.shtml

I wonder how it'd work on form with various types of shading, etc.

Blinky the Shark

DD wrote:

> I want to be able to fill a form I have scanned into the computer and
> save / print the result. Any suggestions as to how this can be done
> would be very welcome.
> DD

The "Text" button on your graphics editor.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

pcbutts1

Don't know.

news:4274292a$0$51499$(E-Mail Removed)...

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On 30 Apr 2005 19:59:04 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

|>pcbutts1 wrote:
|>>
|>> You need an OCR (optical character recognition) software try this one
|>> http://www.ocr.com/index.shtml

|>I wonder how it'd work on form with various types of shading, etc.

It's a pain in the rear, you get a lot of errors (E-MİlL) you have to
repair, if you turn up or down the contrast for one part the other
parts becomes unreadable and generate bad text.

Refresh "parent" form after filling out child popUp form? Bob ASP .Net 1 08-31-2007 09:39 AM
Refresh "parent" form after filling out child popUp form? Bob ASP .Net 0 08-31-2007 09:06 AM
Need a generic filling form generator. Jensen bredal ASP .Net 3 09-22-2005 06:13 PM
form filling Domicjusz Java 2 07-25-2004 01:59 PM
Filling in HttpWebRequest object with form data =?Utf-8?B?RXJpayBKZW5zZW4=?= ASP .Net 3 02-11-2004 11:44 PM

Advertisments