Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How do I create a Drop Down List with Hyperlinks as List Items in ASP.NET

How do I create a Drop Down List with Hyperlinks as List Items in ASP.NET

Tony Tone

Hey Guys,

I am trying to create a DropDownList with Hyperlinks as ListItem. I am
creating a web page with ASP.NET and VB

Any suggestions or Solutions to my problem?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=

Well you can't because you can't put hyperlinks in an HTML drop down box (a
<select> tag). However you can navigate to a URL, based on the selection a
user makes in a DDL by having URL's for the value fields, setting
AutoPostBack=true in the DDL properties and then put something like

Response.Redirect(((DropDownList)sender).SelectedV alue);

in the OnSelectedIndexChanged event handler.

"Tony Tone" wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I am trying to create a DropDownList with Hyperlinks as ListItem. I am
> creating a web page with ASP.NET and VB
>
> Any suggestions or Solutions to my problem?

Marina Levit [MVP]

Well, you can't using the built in one.

You can write your own. Have it pop open a DIV that you position, that has
the links in it, etc. This is a ton of work, but it can be done.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...