Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virus removal help!

Virus removal help!

Stuart Reed

I have acquired Trojan.Vundo.B (Object Name:
C:\Windows\REGIST~\cabplay.dll)

I have followed the Symantec removal procedure in Safe Mode, including
regedit, without success. I also tried reverting my hard drive with Norton
GoBack but it would not revert to a time prior to the infection.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Stuart Reed

Buffalo

"Stuart Reed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OToce.8086$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have acquired Trojan.Vundo.B (Object Name:
> C:\Windows\REGIST~\cabplay.dll)
>
> I have followed the Symantec removal procedure in Safe Mode, including
> regedit, without success. I also tried reverting my hard drive with Norton
> GoBack but it would not revert to a time prior to the infection.
>
> Any help gratefully appreciated.
> Stuart Reed

What OS are you using?
If your OS has a 'restore' feature, the virus is probably in the restore. You
would have to disable that feature and then follow Symantec's procedure.
To check, see where the ' virus ' is found.(its path should tell you)

Ionizer

"Stuart Reed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OToce.8086$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have acquired Trojan.Vundo.B (Object Name:
> C:\Windows\REGIST~\cabplay.dll)
>
> I have followed the Symantec removal procedure in Safe Mode, including
> regedit, without success. I also tried reverting my hard drive with
> Norton
> GoBack but it would not revert to a time prior to the infection.
>
> Any help gratefully appreciated.
> Stuart Reed

If you paid attention and *properly* followed the instructions David
Lipman and others are giving you in one of the many other groups you've
posted this question to, you'd be well on your way to removing this
Trojan.

HTH and HAND

--
Ian.