Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > totally off topic help please!!

totally off topic help please!!

beth

I know this is the wrong group for this subject, but you are all so very
helpful I thought you might be able to point me to the right group, HOW to
connect a dvd recorder to a tv and free view box!!! I have been trying for
three days now can you help me find the correct group to ask please?
TIA Beth

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:10:36 +0100, "beth" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|>I know this is the wrong group for this subject, but you are all so very
|>helpful I thought you might be able to point me to the right group, HOW to
|>connect a dvd recorder to a tv and free view box!!! I have been trying for
|>three days now can you help me find the correct group to ask please?

http://tinyurl.com/cpmun (Google)
or
http://dvd.box.sk/
(you might find http://www.bugmenot.com/ of use here)

--
The Eagle Nebula image release on Hubble's 15th birthday
http://tinyurl.com/982nm (space.com)

why?

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:10:36 +0100, beth wrote:

>I know this is the wrong group for this subject, but you are all so very

Not really wrong.

>helpful I thought you might be able to point me to the right group, HOW to
>connect a dvd recorder to a tv and free view box!!! I have been trying for
>three days now can you help me find the correct group to ask please?
>TIA Beth

Follow the instructions in the TV/DVD/FV manuals? Usually there are
pictures showing the bits and cable types / sockets.

Usually it's something like

TV signal in (cable / aerial) to the RF IN of the freeview box.

The VCR (output) SCART sockrt output of the FV box to

an AV2/External/Decoder SCART socket going into the DVD recorder

the DVD recorder would then have a 2nd SCART output AV1/TV

connect that to the TV (depending on your TV input connectors)

The SCART connectors are normally marked IN/Ext. and OUT/TV , so it's a
case of connecting the OUTs from one device to the INs of the others.

If you don't have SCART cables or enough SCART sockets, you can connect
the bits together using coax RF leads.

FV box RF in , from cable/aerial. FV box RF out, to DVD RF in , DVD RF
out to TV RF in.

SCART plug picture (both ends of the connecting cable)
http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/phil/video...ages/scart.jpg
SCART socket (on the back of the FV/DVD/TV)
http://tvtool.info/jpgs/cableguide/scart.jpg

Some devices also use SCART to RCA phono connectors, the FV/TV/DVD may
well have a set of 3 coloured sockets to match this type of cable
http://www.italianeditors.com/divx_images/scart.jpg

If that's a lot of mince , try www.google.com

http://www.google.com/search?q=tv+fr...der+connection

Connection tv dvd/combi & freeview box
Archive through March 14, 2005 > Connection tv dvd/combi & freeview bo.
.... get my dvd/combi to record digital channels via a freeview set top
box.tv (Bush ...
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/2/126606.html - 14k - Cached -
Similar pages

Connecting TV, Sky Box, DVD Recorder, VCR
... Hi can i connect my freeview box to a DVD-R to Video Recorder to
my TV so i can still record of both the video and the dvd so i can
switch from any one ...
http://orum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/2/105848.html - 117k - Cached
- Similar pages
[ More results from forum.ecoustics.com ]

Freeview - information on free-to-view TV
.... Connect - Plug your new Freeview set-top box to your existing TV
aerial. ... boxes with CD and DVD players, DVD recorders, and hard-disk
recorders. ...
www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeview.html - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

New to Freeview?
... Internet / email access, built-in CD / DVD players, DVD
recorders, or hard-disk recorders. ... You now need to connect from your
Freeview box to the TV. ...
www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewnew.html - 18k - Cached - Similar
pages
[ More results from www.radioandtelly.co.uk ]

Me

°Mike°

In <d4odi0$v8n$(E-Mail Removed)>,
beth took 7 lines to utter:

>I know this is the wrong group for this subject,

If you think that, then you know nothing about this group.

>but you are all so very helpful I thought you might be able to
>point me to the right group,

This group is as good as any -- nothing is "off topic" here.

>HOW to connect a dvd recorder to a tv and free view box!!!

Connecting up your TV, VCR, Satbox and DVD player
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/arti...onnections.php

Connectivity Guidelines
http://www.dtg.org.uk/publications/b...guidelines.pdf

You will need Adobe Acrobat reader to view the second link.
You can get it (free) here:

>I have been trying for three days now can you help me find
>the correct group to ask please?
>TIA Beth

As I said, this group is fine.

--