Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > win95 ppp won't connect

win95 ppp won't connect

paco@mexico.born

are there any particular tweaks such as registry adjustments that will
allow my win95 tcp/ip ppp to connect to my isp? it fails with a message
that the dial-up adapter in dial-up networking isn't compatible yet my
friend's win98 connects fine. the isp is stumped as to why it won't
connect but a couple of other people have mentioned their win95 setups
won't connect either. hyperterminal connects fine to a text based service
so it's not my modem.

is there a standalone third party tcp/ip client that i can use in place
of dial-up networking on my pc using win95?

thank you in advance

JANA

Win 95 is not as compatible to networked dialup through a host computer. You
should consider upgrading the computer to at least Win 98. Win 98 should
support what you want to accomplish.

--

JANA
_____

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:d4kfm1$mr3$(E-Mail Removed)...
are there any particular tweaks such as registry adjustments that will
allow my win95 tcp/ip ppp to connect to my isp? it fails with a message
that the dial-up adapter in dial-up networking isn't compatible yet my
friend's win98 connects fine. the isp is stumped as to why it won't
connect but a couple of other people have mentioned their win95 setups
won't connect either. hyperterminal connects fine to a text based service
so it's not my modem.

is there a standalone third party tcp/ip client that i can use in place
of dial-up networking on my pc using win95?

thank you in advance

Unk

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 04:22:25 +0000 (UTC), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>are there any particular tweaks such as registry adjustments that will
>allow my win95 tcp/ip ppp to connect to my isp? it fails with a message
>that the dial-up adapter in dial-up networking isn't compatible yet my
>friend's win98 connects fine. the isp is stumped as to why it won't
>connect but a couple of other people have mentioned their win95 setups
>won't connect either. hyperterminal connects fine to a text based service
>so it's not my modem.
>
>is there a standalone third party tcp/ip client that i can use in place
>of dial-up networking on my pc using win95?
>
>thank you in advance

If I remember correctly, you had to update the winsock. The original version's taskbar icon had
what looked like a modem with 2 red/green lights. The new version's icon has the 2 monitors
offset side-by-side.

Windows 95 OEM Service Release 1/2/2.1 TCP/IP Update Fixes Error: Windows 95 Stops Responding
Due to Land Attack (Vtcpup11.exe) This file contains an updated version of TCP/IP for Windows
95 computers with the WinSock 2 update.

Here's another location, just in case...
http://toolbox.trilobytes.com.au/
Look at the very bottom of the page for "Microsoft's Winsock 2 TCP/IP update for Windows 95"
or directly:
http://toolbox.trilobytes.com.au/win...sock2setup.exe

NOTE: Make sure you do a full backup or H/D Image FIRST!
There's no real restore capability in Win95!