Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Whine: They've Never Perfected Windows

Whine: They've Never Perfected Windows

Bro Jack

Win 98 (2nd)-- Right from the start, the caps light would inexplicably
flash on when booting-up. But this was no big deal. The worst thing
was that everything would freeze, at least once per day. Sometimes
all the lights would flash and the system wouldn't accept any
commands. It would go haywire. You'd click "IE" or "Free Agent" and
control panel would open up, etc. Good riddance to Win 98; I
tolerated it for four years.

Win XP (Residence)-- New computer, Feb. 2005 but this ain't any
better. At least once and usually twice a day there's an error
message with the option "Send report" or "Don't send report." In
either case, everything is lost and I'm bounced back to desktop. The
details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
drivers, but more often than not the details are incomprehensible.
Also, about 30% of the time when I shut down, the damn thing reboots
instead. Occasionally it reboots when I'm not shutting down.

Irritating as hell, Mr. Gates.

Jack

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bro Jack took 20 lines to utter:

>Win 98 (2nd)-- Right from the start, the caps light would inexplicably
>flash on when booting-up. But this was no big deal. The worst thing
>was that everything would freeze, at least once per day. Sometimes
>all the lights would flash and the system wouldn't accept any
>commands. It would go haywire. You'd click "IE" or "Free Agent" and
>control panel would open up, etc. Good riddance to Win 98; I
>tolerated it for four years.
>
>Win XP (Residence)-- New computer, Feb. 2005 but this ain't any
>better. At least once and usually twice a day there's an error
>message with the option "Send report" or "Don't send report." In
>either case, everything is lost and I'm bounced back to desktop. The
>details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
>drivers, but more often than not the details are incomprehensible.
>Also, about 30% of the time when I shut down, the damn thing reboots
>instead. Occasionally it reboots when I'm not shutting down.
>
>Irritating as hell, Mr. Gates.
>
>Jack

PEBKAC

--
ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Alles neubies und non-technischen looken peepers!
Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy

pcbutts1

Sounds like user error.

"Bro Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Win 98 (2nd)-- Right from the start, the caps light would inexplicably
> flash on when booting-up. But this was no big deal. The worst thing
> was that everything would freeze, at least once per day. Sometimes
> all the lights would flash and the system wouldn't accept any
> commands. It would go haywire. You'd click "IE" or "Free Agent" and
> control panel would open up, etc. Good riddance to Win 98; I
> tolerated it for four years.
>
> Win XP (Residence)-- New computer, Feb. 2005 but this ain't any
> better. At least once and usually twice a day there's an error
> message with the option "Send report" or "Don't send report." In
> either case, everything is lost and I'm bounced back to desktop. The
> details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
> drivers, but more often than not the details are incomprehensible.
> Also, about 30% of the time when I shut down, the damn thing reboots
> instead. Occasionally it reboots when I'm not shutting down.
>
> Irritating as hell, Mr. Gates.
>
> Jack

chuckieŽ

There goes that d... song again...keeps playing over and over and over...
You know the one...from the Wizard of Oz...Scarecrow...I think...
Where's that d... yellow brick road again????
PEBCAK is too kind...<sigh>....

"Bro Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Win 98 (2nd)-- Right from the start, the caps light would inexplicably
> flash on when booting-up. But this was no big deal. The worst thing
> was that everything would freeze, at least once per day. Sometimes
> all the lights would flash and the system wouldn't accept any
> commands. It would go haywire. You'd click "IE" or "Free Agent" and
> control panel would open up, etc. Good riddance to Win 98; I
> tolerated it for four years.
>
> Win XP (Residence)-- New computer, Feb. 2005 but this ain't any
> better. At least once and usually twice a day there's an error
> message with the option "Send report" or "Don't send report." In
> either case, everything is lost and I'm bounced back to desktop. The
> details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
> drivers, but more often than not the details are incomprehensible.
> Also, about 30% of the time when I shut down, the damn thing reboots
> instead. Occasionally it reboots when I'm not shutting down.
>
> Irritating as hell, Mr. Gates.
>
> Jack

MayB

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Bro Jack took 20 lines to utter:
>
> >Win 98 (2nd)-- Right from the start, the caps light would

inexplicably
> >flash on when booting-up. But this was no big deal. The worst

thing
> >was that everything would freeze, at least once per day. Sometimes
> >all the lights would flash and the system wouldn't accept any
> >commands. It would go haywire. You'd click "IE" or "Free Agent"

and
> >control panel would open up, etc. Good riddance to Win 98; I
> >tolerated it for four years.
> >
> >Win XP (Residence)-- New computer, Feb. 2005 but this ain't any
> >better. At least once and usually twice a day there's an error
> >message with the option "Send report" or "Don't send report." In
> >either case, everything is lost and I'm bounced back to desktop.

The
> >details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
> >drivers, but more often than not the details are incomprehensible.
> >Also, about 30% of the time when I shut down, the damn thing

reboots
> >instead. Occasionally it reboots when I'm not shutting down.
> >
> >Irritating as hell, Mr. Gates.
> >
> >Jack

> PEBKAC
>

> --
> ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Alles neubies und non-technischen

looken peepers!
> Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben.

Ist easy
> schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit

spitzensparken. Ist
> nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken

sichtseeren keepen das
> cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das

cursorblinken.

Jawohl! Jawohl, mein herr!

gangle

"°Mike°" wrote
> Bro Jack took 20 lines to utter:
>
> >Win 98 (2nd)-- Right from the start, the caps light would inexplicably
> >flash on when booting-up. But this was no big deal. The worst thing
> >was that everything would freeze, at least once per day. Sometimes
> >all the lights would flash and the system wouldn't accept any
> >commands. It would go haywire. You'd click "IE" or "Free Agent" and
> >control panel would open up, etc. Good riddance to Win 98; I
> >tolerated it for four years.
> >
> >Win XP (Residence)-- New computer, Feb. 2005 but this ain't any
> >better. At least once and usually twice a day there's an error
> >message with the option "Send report" or "Don't send report." In
> >either case, everything is lost and I'm bounced back to desktop. The
> >details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
> >drivers, but more often than not the details are incomprehensible.
> >Also, about 30% of the time when I shut down, the damn thing reboots
> >instead. Occasionally it reboots when I'm not shutting down.
> >
> >Irritating as hell, Mr. Gates.
> >
> >Jack

> PEBKAC

Yeppers, that PEBKAC is a sure cure for diarrhea.

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
gangle took 29 lines to utter:

>"°Mike°" wrote

<snip>

>> PEBKAC

>Yeppers, that PEBKAC is a sure cure for diarrhea.

Well it's enough to make one clench the cheeks tightly, anyway.

Will Dearborn

"The
details sometimes say that there is something wrong with hardware
drivers, "

I don't have hardware driver problems, and I haven't seen a "send error
report" for a long time. So for me, Windows is as perfect as I am
capable of comprehending.

shrew

and here i was, hoping to read something about Wine. i just thought h
wasnt aware that the h was not in there. Yeah i would say PEBKAC, or a
I D 10 T erro

--
shre

shrew's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=264