Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problems getting conexion, e-mail, downloasing internat pages.

Problems getting conexion, e-mail, downloasing internat pages.

Alfredo F. Gonzalez

As of lately I have been having much trouble with my Verizon dial-up
connection to the Internet and to retreive my e-mail.
I can connect fine to the verizon server; automatically goes to retreive my
e-mail. However it tells me that "incoming.verizon.net" cannot be found.
Then a few moments later it tells me that the POP3 has not responded in 60
seconds and asks me if I want to wait. If wait nothing happens it just keeps
timing out.
As for Internet connection it goes and finds the page I want, v.gr.
"tbo.com" then it starts opening the page and then cuts out and tells me the
page cannot be displayed.
I try several times with same results. Some times it starts to display the
page and suddenly it cuts out and then gives me the "The page cannot be
displayed" notice.
At other times it just hangs there with no activity. Some times it also
takes to long to download a page. So it forces me to sever the connection
hang up and try again, and again, and again by the fifth or six time I try
to connect then maybe the connection works fine.
I'm using IE6 and Outlook Express 6, under W98SE, but in the past it did
operate fine. So it is not the equipment, the operating system or
application programs. Why has your service detriorated? Any help and
suggestions to take care of these problems will be appreciated.

Alfredo F. Gonzalez

--
Alfredo F. Gonzalez
or

°Mike°

In <ZRebe.4697$yc.2062@trnddc07>,
Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:

>As of lately I have been having much trouble with my Verizon dial-up
>connection to the Internet and to retreive my e-mail.

<snip>

You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
to see the reply.

--
Basic computer maintenance

trout

°Mike° wrote:

> In <ZRebe.4697$yc.2062@trnddc07>,
> Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:
>
>> As of lately I have been having much trouble with my Verizon dial-up
>> connection to the Internet and to retreive my e-mail.

> <snip>
>
> You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
> to see the reply.

Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your service
has deteriorated'.
--
Shape up.

°Mike°

In <426d7ffb$0$82526$(E-Mail Removed) ws.net>,
trout took 19 lines to utter:

>°Mike° wrote:
>
>> In <ZRebe.4697$yc.2062@trnddc07>,
>> Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:
>>
>>> As of lately I have been having much trouble with my Verizon dial-up
>>> connection to the Internet and to retreive my e-mail.

>> <snip>
>>
>> You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
>> to see the reply.

> Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your service
>has deteriorated'.

Sorry, boss...I never saw you there -- I thought you were still
on your lunch break.

--
I'll get right on to it.

gangle

"trout" wrote
> °Mike° wrote:
>
> > Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:
> >
> >> As of lately I have been having much trouble with my Verizon dial-up
> >> connection to the Internet and to retreive my e-mail.

> > <snip>
> >
> > You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
> > to see the reply.

> Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your service
> has deteriorated'.

My penis has deteriorated a little despite the stable temperature.

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
gangle took 19 lines to utter:

>"trout" wrote
>> °Mike° wrote:
>>
>> > Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:

>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
>> > to see the reply.

>> Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your service
>> has deteriorated'.

>My penis has deteriorated a little despite the stable temperature.

And you expect the horses to come to your aid?

--
Kinky.

Blinky the Shark

gangle wrote:
> "trout" wrote
>> °Mike° wrote:

>> > Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:

>> > <snip>

>> > You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
>> > to see the reply.

>> Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your service
>> has deteriorated'.

> My penis has deteriorated a little despite the stable temperature.

You use your penis in the stable? Ew. Neigh, I say!

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

trout

gangle wrote:

> "trout" wrote
>> °Mike° wrote:
>>
>>> Alfredo F. Gonzalez took 32 lines to utter:

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> You have posted this to...oh, never mind, you're never going
>>> to see the reply.

>> Well, with answers like that, no *wonder* he believes 'your
>> service has deteriorated'.

> My penis has deteriorated a little despite the stable temperature.

It's your own fault. And that "pass the mustard" gag got tired a
long time ago.
--
Try the freezer.