Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is there a program that can repair corrupt jpg files???

Is there a program that can repair corrupt jpg files???

Kong_1

I have recovered some file from a crashed hdd but the jpgs I need are
corrupted. Any way to fix this?

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Kong_1 took 3 lines to utter:

>I have recovered some file from a crashed hdd but the jpgs I need are
>corrupted. Any way to fix this?

The "files" that you recovered might not even be the original jpg
files, some may be partial recoveries only. Your best option is
to use your backups -- you did make backups, yes?

--
Basic computer maintenance

"Kong_1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have recovered some file from a crashed hdd but the jpgs I need are
> corrupted. Any way to fix this?

If you didn't bother to perform regular backups of your files, they're
gone now.

SgtMinor

Kong_1 wrote:
> I have recovered some file from a crashed hdd but the jpgs I need are
> corrupted. Any way to fix this?

Not cheap but it couldn't hurt to try the demo:

http://www.officerecovery.com/pixrecovery/index.htm

Are you sure you used the best recovery method to get files off the
failed HD? And what exactly do you mean by "crashed?" Did the heads
"crash" into the platters or was it a non-mechanical problem?

Kong_1

Non-Mechanical virus beat the **** out of it and a guy just did a
quick format and reinstalled windows. He sent it to me to attempt to
recover his files that he didn't back up. I have recovered most of the
files with restorer 2000 but some of the files mainly the jpgs are
corrupted slightly so I am just trying to fix it. He has a video and
picture editing business and thanks to all you guys that can only tell
me to use my backup because if he had backed it up would I even be
trying to recover anything. Think before you speak. And it is not MY
hdd so telling me that I should have backed it up is not telling me
anything because I back my stuff up.

Thanks for the pixrecovery program

Kong_1 wrote:

> Non-Mechanical virus beat the **** out of it and a guy just did a
> quick format and reinstalled windows. He sent it to me to attempt to
> recover his files that he didn't back up. I have recovered most of the
> files with restorer 2000 but some of the files mainly the jpgs are
> corrupted slightly so I am just trying to fix it. He has a video and
> picture editing business and thanks to all you guys that can only tell
> me to use my backup because if he had backed it up would I even be
> trying to recover anything. Think before you speak. And it is not MY
> hdd so telling me that I should have backed it up is not telling me
> anything because I back my stuff up.
>
> Thanks for the pixrecovery program
>
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:18:08 -0400, SgtMinor
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Kong_1 wrote:
>>> I have recovered some file from a crashed hdd but the jpgs I need are
>>> corrupted. Any way to fix this?
>>>

>>Not cheap but it couldn't hurt to try the demo:
>>
>>http://www.officerecovery.com/pixrecovery/index.htm
>>
>>Are you sure you used the best recovery method to get files off the
>>failed HD? And what exactly do you mean by "crashed?" Did the heads
>>"crash" into the platters or was it a non-mechanical problem?

Did you try PCInspector? It will recover files from all sorts of
actions, and it's a freebie:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...d,23069,00.asp