Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > purchase advice

purchase advice

asifi'dtell

Been waiting for a laptop in the $1000 CAD range. Can get this one for that,
including taxes. I am not a gamer.

ACER TRAVELMATE AS1414WLCI-XPH NOTEBOOK (ENGLISH VERSION)
Features Intel® CeleronT M 350 processor, 15.4" WXGA TFT CrystalBright
display, 512MB RAM, 40GB hard drive, CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive, shared video
memory, 802.11b/g wireless, 10/100BT NIC, 56K V.90/V.92 modem and Microsoft®
Windows XP Home Edition. 251-5664

Please let me know your thoughts, pros and cons.
Thanks,
TB

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

asifi'dtell wrote:
> Been waiting for a laptop in the $1000 CAD range. Can get this one for that,
> including taxes. I am not a gamer.
>
> ACER TRAVELMATE AS1414WLCI-XPH NOTEBOOK (ENGLISH VERSION)
> Features Intel® CeleronT M 350 processor, 15.4" WXGA TFT CrystalBright
> display, 512MB RAM, 40GB hard drive, CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive, shared video
> memory, 802.11b/g wireless, 10/100BT NIC, 56K V.90/V.92 modem and Microsoft®
> Windows XP Home Edition. 251-5664
>
> Please let me know your thoughts, pros and cons.

Looks nice for the price. I've not used it, but a few people have shared
their thoughts on Newegg. Their price is $800 US including shipping, not
sure how that translates after you pay other charges but looks to be
pretty close to the same:
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...tem=34-115-187