Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Disable Modem Autoanswer In XP

Disable Modem Autoanswer In XP

gman

I really would like to disable this feature.

thanks

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:20:29 GMT, gman <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

|>I really would like to disable this feature.

There are two ways to do this. (Enter Commands to your modem)

Thru HyperTerm in which the modem is given the command once:
http://www.more.net/technical/dialup/mcommand.html

And in the properties, so each time your modem is brought online the
command is sent to the modem:
http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,6226-954508,00.html

How ever you do it you need to type in this command:
ATS0=0
(Both zero's, and note caps)

--
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7546554/

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:25:06 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

|>How ever you do it you need to type in this command:
|>ATS0=0
|>(Both zero's, and note caps)

Forgot to mention a command like this should only have to be enter'd
once.

--
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7546554/

AUTOANSWER Diplom Kaufmann Knut Computer Support 0 09-24-2007 07:02 AM
Disable modem on Zoom X5v db UK VOIP 2 03-02-2006 02:58 AM
Disable ping request on Westell B90 Modem Jack B. Pollack Computer Support 0 01-27-2006 12:15 AM
AS5300: Disable MICA modem Pavlov Cisco 3 06-24-2004 04:25 PM
IP phones with handsfree intercom(/selective autoanswer)? Kyler Laird VOIP 1 08-29-2003 01:56 AM

Advertisments