Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Autoplay?

Autoplay?

jaredj34

I just finished build a computer and I having some issues with Windows XP
Professional. After I installed Windows XP, I keep getting an "Autoplay"
window with a searching flashlight and a status bar showing up every 10
seconds or so. Also I cannot change the display settings from 800 x 600.
Other than that, it seems to be working fine.

Hardware installed:
Intel D915GAVL Socket 775 Motherboard
Intel P4 530 3.0Ghz 1MB Cache 800fsb SocT 775 HT
Corsair Value Select 1024MB PC3200 DDR (2 x 512MB)
Seagate 200GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/S-ATA-150
XFX GeForce 6200 PCIe 256MB w/DVI/TV-Out
Majestron SBT-CR16W 16in1 Int Memory Card Reader
CD / DVD Rom
CD-RW CD Burner

I am sure I am having a conflict of some kind but I can not figure it out.

Jared

MrGrumpy

Sounds like your graphics adapter/driver not installed correctly.
Checked Hardware Devices?

"jaredj34" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just finished build a computer and I having some issues with Windows XP
> Professional. After I installed Windows XP, I keep getting an "Autoplay"
> window with a searching flashlight and a status bar showing up every 10
> seconds or so. Also I cannot change the display settings from 800 x 600.
> Other than that, it seems to be working fine.
>
> Hardware installed:
> Intel D915GAVL Socket 775 Motherboard
> Intel P4 530 3.0Ghz 1MB Cache 800fsb SocT 775 HT
> Corsair Value Select 1024MB PC3200 DDR (2 x 512MB)
> Seagate 200GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/S-ATA-150
> XFX GeForce 6200 PCIe 256MB w/DVI/TV-Out
> Majestron SBT-CR16W 16in1 Int Memory Card Reader
> CD / DVD Rom
> CD-RW CD Burner
>
> I am sure I am having a conflict of some kind but I can not figure it out.
>
> Jared

FML

jaredj34 spewed forth...

> I just finished build a computer and I having some issues with Windows
> XP Professional. After I installed Windows XP, I keep getting an
> "Autoplay" window with a searching flashlight and a status bar showing
> up every 10 seconds or so. Also I cannot change the display settings
> from 800 x 600. Other than that, it seems to be working fine.
>
> Hardware installed:
> Intel D915GAVL Socket 775 Motherboard
> Intel P4 530 3.0Ghz 1MB Cache 800fsb SocT 775 HT
> Corsair Value Select 1024MB PC3200 DDR (2 x 512MB)
> Seagate 200GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/S-ATA-150
> XFX GeForce 6200 PCIe 256MB w/DVI/TV-Out
> Majestron SBT-CR16W 16in1 Int Memory Card Reader
> CD / DVD Rom
> CD-RW CD Burner
>
> I am sure I am having a conflict of some kind but I can not figure it
> out.
>
> Jared

What drive is it trying to search?
Is the Memory Card Reader recognized as a "drive"?

jaredj34

Thanks for the reply. I do know know what drive the autoplay is searching.
The window only says "autoplay" on the blue bar on the top of the window and
a "dancing" flashlight with a staus bar and a continue button. It flashes
on and off so fast but I am possitive that there is nothing in the window to
identify which drive. I am going to disconnect everything tonight to try to
eliminate the problem. I believe the card reader is working because the My
Computer show 4 removeable disks on it.

Jared

"FML" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> jaredj34 spewed forth...
>
> > I just finished build a computer and I having some issues with Windows
> > XP Professional. After I installed Windows XP, I keep getting an
> > "Autoplay" window with a searching flashlight and a status bar showing
> > up every 10 seconds or so. Also I cannot change the display settings
> > from 800 x 600. Other than that, it seems to be working fine.
> >
> > Hardware installed:
> > Intel D915GAVL Socket 775 Motherboard
> > Intel P4 530 3.0Ghz 1MB Cache 800fsb SocT 775 HT
> > Corsair Value Select 1024MB PC3200 DDR (2 x 512MB)
> > Seagate 200GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/S-ATA-150
> > XFX GeForce 6200 PCIe 256MB w/DVI/TV-Out
> > Majestron SBT-CR16W 16in1 Int Memory Card Reader
> > CD / DVD Rom
> > CD-RW CD Burner
> >
> > I am sure I am having a conflict of some kind but I can not figure it
> > out.
> >
> > Jared
> >

> What drive is it trying to search?
> Is the Memory Card Reader recognized as a "drive"?

FML

jaredj34 spewed forth...

> Thanks for the reply. I do know know what drive the autoplay is
> searching. The window only says "autoplay" on the blue bar on the top
> of the window and a "dancing" flashlight with a staus bar and a
> continue button. It flashes on and off so fast but I am possitive
> that there is nothing in the window to identify which drive. I am
> going to disconnect everything tonight to try to eliminate the
> problem. I believe the card reader is working because the My Computer
> show 4 removeable disks on it.
>
> Jared

This wouldn't keep the drives from working. The removable drives are
simply being scanned for autoplay as they are being mounted by the OS. I
had a similar issue with a removable drive. I corrected it by
downloading and installing TweakUI which allows you to permanently
disable the autoplay feature on any drive letter. There are probably
other ways to do it

Betcha a nickel that's it.
HTH

> "FML" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> jaredj34 spewed forth...
>>
>> > I just finished build a computer and I having some issues with
>> > Windows XP Professional. After I installed Windows XP, I keep
>> > getting an "Autoplay" window with a searching flashlight and a
>> > status bar showing up every 10 seconds or so. Also I cannot change
>> > the display settings from 800 x 600. Other than that, it seems to
>> > be working fine.
>> >
>> > Hardware installed:
>> > Intel D915GAVL Socket 775 Motherboard
>> > Intel P4 530 3.0Ghz 1MB Cache 800fsb SocT 775 HT
>> > Corsair Value Select 1024MB PC3200 DDR (2 x 512MB)
>> > Seagate 200GB Serial ATA HD 7200/8MB/S-ATA-150
>> > XFX GeForce 6200 PCIe 256MB w/DVI/TV-Out
>> > Majestron SBT-CR16W 16in1 Int Memory Card Reader
>> > CD / DVD Rom
>> > CD-RW CD Burner
>> >
>> > I am sure I am having a conflict of some kind but I can not figure
>> > it out.
>> >
>> > Jared
>> >

>> What drive is it trying to search?
>> Is the Memory Card Reader recognized as a "drive"?

Atlas Shrugged

Disconnect both CDs from the system, boot up and see you have the same
message. If not, reinstall each one separately to see if one of them is the
cause of the problem. Check the master/slave settings and that the cables
are installed correctly.