Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > restart computer

restart computer

robdowns

when i restart my laptop after a restore or wondows update down load my
computer closes down ok but when it restarts all i get is a curser flashing
in the top left corner of a dark screen and i have to press the on/off
button untill the computer shuts down and then restart as normal. i am
running windows xp. any ideas?

thanks for looking

dadiOH

robdowns wrote:
> when i restart my laptop after a restore or wondows update down load
> my computer closes down ok but when it restarts all i get is a curser
> flashing in the top left corner of a dark screen and i have to press
> the on/off button untill the computer shuts down and then restart as
> normal. i am running windows xp. any ideas?

How long did you wait? I occasionally get that with Win98, assume
Windows is "re-ordering" itself. Sometimes takes a minute or two...

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...