Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Good books/tutorials on VHDL?

Good books/tutorials on VHDL?

Chaos Master

Hello..
I am new to the group and to VHDL. (but not to electronics)

Can someone here recommend a good book or tutorial on VHDL, aimed at
someone that has some basic programming knowledges.
Some tutorials I found were too complicated for my "newbie head".

Thanks!
~~
renan (a.k.a Chaos Master), Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
ICQ -> 126735906 , MSN/E-mail -> wizard_of_Yendor <at> hotmail.com
(<at> = @)

Kwaj

I have been using a book called

"VHDL design representation and synthesis" by James R. Armstrong and F. Gail
Gray

I read the first couple of chapters to get me up and running but by far the
best way to come to speed is to actually dive into simulating your design.
You learn very quickly that way.

In terms of actually simulating your design, that's a completely different
matter and learning that will depend on your software platform.

good luck

- Kwaj
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...