Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Why are my Menus needing an Xtra click to keep 'em Active? Anyone ?

Why are my Menus needing an Xtra click to keep 'em Active? Anyone ?

Fred-C-

I am hoping someone can explain why I have suddenly encountered the
following problem, or HOW to fix it....
If I open, say...Display from the Control Panel, or a new Application
or
Window, or even a message Box which requires a 'yes','no' or 'details'.....
it is OPEN (as in it has an ACTIVE title Bar), then after i LEFT-CLICK
inside the box, suddenly the Active Bar
changes colour to my Inactive Colour, and I HAVE TO right click on the Bar
re-open it ? - funnily enuff, left-clicks do not keep it Active ??? Strange
i know!

It never actually closes from off the screen, it just goes from Active to
Inactive EVERY time i open something,
This has been going on for a week or so...Has Any1 got any advice as to how
i can sort it out please ?
Yeah!, i have run the usual checks.. and i don't believe my comp is infected
with anything..
Here's Hoping that somebody out there Can Help me Out.. Please refrain from
the usual ppl answering, Yeah!... the 1's who have nothing better to do than
count letters,words, and typos.
To ALL the usuall helpfull UseNet users, Thanks for previous advice, Heres
Hoping
All the Best - Fred - England -CarpCatcher Extrordinaire!!

WormWood

Yeah!

"Fred-C-" wrote:
<snip>
> Here's Hoping that somebody out there Can Help me Out.. Please refrain
> from
> the usual ppl answering, Yeah!... the 1's who have nothing better to
> do than
> count letters,words, and typos.

<snip>

> All the Best - Fred - England -CarpCatcher Extrordinaire!!

Old Gringo

Fred-C- wrote:
> I am hoping someone can explain why I have suddenly encountered the
> following problem, or HOW to fix it....
> If I open, say...Display from the Control Panel, or a new Application
> or
> Window, or even a message Box which requires a 'yes','no' or 'details'.....
> it is OPEN (as in it has an ACTIVE title Bar), then after i LEFT-CLICK
> inside the box, suddenly the Active Bar
> changes colour to my Inactive Colour, and I HAVE TO right click on the Bar
> re-open it ? - funnily enuff, left-clicks do not keep it Active ??? Strange
> i know!
>
> It never actually closes from off the screen, it just goes from Active to
> Inactive EVERY time i open something,
> This has been going on for a week or so...Has Any1 got any advice as to how
> i can sort it out please ?
> Yeah!, i have run the usual checks.. and i don't believe my comp is infected
> with anything..
> Here's Hoping that somebody out there Can Help me Out.. Please refrain from
> the usual ppl answering, Yeah!... the 1's who have nothing better to do than
> count letters,words, and typos.
> To ALL the usuall helpfull UseNet users, Thanks for previous advice, Heres
> Hoping
> All the Best - Fred - England -CarpCatcher Extrordinaire!!

WOW Your English is far beyond me, I didn't understand a thing you
said. Understand my English is very poor.

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

°Mike°

In <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Fred-C- took 26 lines to utter:

<snip>

> after i LEFT-CLICK inside the box, suddenly the Active Bar
>changes colour to my Inactive Colour, and I HAVE TO right click
>on the Bar to re-open it ?

<snip>

>Here's Hoping that somebody out there Can Help me Out..

I can.

>Please refrain from the usual ppl answering, Yeah!... the 1's who
>have nothing better to do than count letters,words, and typos.

You don't get to dictate who replies and who doesn't, but since
you said "please", I *will* refrain.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance